Grad. party... hard core jw relatives won't come cause we invited d'fed relatives

by moomanchu 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Our son graduated this year. We are having a graduation party for him at our house and decided to invite ALL of the family.

Some JW's relatives aren't coming (some are still deciding) because they found out their would be d'fed relatives (2) there.

My question is... is there any society info to counter the hard core jw stance on this?

On a funny note the one jw declined the invite..... in his reply he called it a graduation gathering instead of party, unbelievable.

Thanks for any help.

• Gayle
    Gayle

My nephew graduated this year. He informed respectfully that his grandmother was not invited. His grandmother has made clearly known throughout the years her criticism toward his parents not in the "truth" anymore, worldly, etc etc. Graduation was 'his' day. His JW aunt and her 'elder' husband came though and went out to eat with us all, ex-JWs and all.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't have the lit, but my jw mom is pretty much up on the teachings of the WB&TS. She refuses to attend her family's reunion, because me and a few other df'd sinners attend. However, she did acknowldge to one of her "worldly" sisters that she could've attended but chose not to.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Hardcore JWs have no respect for education, so their presence could only put a damper on everything.

W

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I just wonder what the wt teaches on this right now?

I would like to have all the family come. I think they would come if I could show them

something from the society that would allow it.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

Finally-Free

an ignorant, sweeping, generalization. disingenuous...

• sir82
    sir82
    My question is... is there any society info to counter the hard core jw stance on this?

Nope...those JWs are doing exactly what they have been instructed to do. If there are disfellowshipped people in your house, there is virtually nothing that could be done to get even semi-obedient JWs there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit