Seeing old watchtower aquantances

by jacethespace 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

I havent posted here for quite a while,since jwd changed websites in fact, but had to relate this.

A few days ago i bumped into some of my local congregation members i havent saw for quite a while.And said hello to The guy i knew and chatted with him while his wife was in the local store.First thing i noticed was the attitude that i had gotten away from and in fact was one of the reasons why i decided to leave.He told me that the org was moving forward and guiding them better than ever and said that it would be better if i didnt come back because i wouldnt beable to keep up with the progress of the org.Although he said he didnt want me to go down with the world.His arrogance was just wrong.I told him the bible says that every man will be found a liar and he said it depends how you interpret it.His wife came out the shop and was much more pleasant and then another member i hadnt saw for a while came over to them [ i think they had been out on a boasting session] and i said hello.However she said hi but practically ignored me.The whole experience was just so sureall that i couldnt help but think that it encourages people not to listen to them and left quite angry.Baring in mind i live next door to an elder and see him often.Some seem to look down on you when you stop going and others just dont bother talking to you as i they are above everyone else.

Jacethespace.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You experienced their cult personalities. It takes a lot of digging to find the authentic pesonalities of jws.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

haha! To 'catch up' with the org, all you have to do is wait for 10 years until the org goes back to last years teachings.

Angie

• Waffles
    Waffles

"He told me that the org was moving forward and guiding them better than ever and said that it would be better if i didnt come back because i wouldnt beable to keep up with the progress of the org"

What a crock of horse shit. I would spit in the guy's face and walked off.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Progress? only progress I've seen in the dumming downof the congregations, just obey the FDS and you will be okay, but do more do more do more. hasn't changed in 20+ years. What a bunch of cow manure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit