You could help the ex-witnesses of Brazil?

by Anderson of the Brasil 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Anderson of the Brasil
    Anderson of the Brasil

Will the friends could post this link here that desassociação hesitate and is practiced by Jehovah's Witnesses? This text is a complaint against desassociação it offends human rights, and we need the testimony of several people who have passed through excommunication. I thank all here.
    It may be in English. Episódios Relevantes Que Mudaram A HISTÓRIA DO BRASIL http://saojoaquimonline.com.br/?p=3202

• Anderson of the Brasil
    Anderson of the Brasil

The Brazilian authorities need to know that success that Jehovah's Witnesses practice desassociação with people of all nationalities.
    I thank you for every comment that is possible to be given in the link.
    EX:
    "My name is ..... I am ex-Witnesses Jehovah and was dissociated by this religion ... The desassociação behind many problems in the personal, emotional, psychological ... "

This is very important for the dissociated Brazil.
    Thank you!
    Anderson of the Brazil.
    Episódios Relevantes Que Mudaram A HISTÓRIA DO BRASIL http://saojoaquimonline.com.br/?p=3202

• yknot
    yknot

attempted...

• Anderson of the Brasil
    Anderson of the Brasil

YKnot:

My friend, thank you, with all my heart.
    Please ask friends here, that comment there and denounce the desassociação practiced by the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses, as an evil to society in all countries:

http://saojoaquimonline.com.br/?p=3202

"

• yknot diz:

I cannot use my given name due to the high costs of losing what little support system I have left. I am not officially disassociated or excommunicated. I have be ‘marked’ which is a non-official form of shunning within the Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witness. Because I have been deemed to have displayed the ’spirit of independent thinking’, I was not allowed to play with other Witness children all the while being also banned from playing with ‘worldly’ (those persons not Jehovah’s Witnesses or associating with the CCJW). Hence I grew up alone, socially isolated and treated as an evil devil child of JW society. Yes I was punished for not totally agreeing with a CCJW policy or interpretation, the punishment was cruel as I was only 7 when the shunning began. I remained marked now for some near 30 years. However bad this treatment has been if I disassociated it would be WORSE!

I have seen the mental unstabling effect of official shunning of those excommunicate (disfellowshipped) and those who have chosen to disassociate their religious allegiance to the Organization. More often then not it is done with totality as if the person was ‘dead’.

The Watchtower (also known as the CCJW in somse countries)is even trying to expand the practice of disassociation to avoid charges of human rights cruelty under excommunicating. More and more actions such as receiving blood products not approved by the Organization, voting, and military civilian service are currently what is known as ‘auto-diassociation’ offenses. To take part of anything on this ever growing list means your actions declare you in violation of the Organization’s rules similar to a violation of bylaws can get you tossed from a social club! This is what the CCJWs essentially are a social club masked as a religion.

In the book (Keep Yourselves in God’s Love) that is currently being studied weekly by all Jehovah’s Witness globally this is what it has to say about excommunicated/diassociated individuals within it’s appendix:

“”How to Treat a Disfellowshipped Person

Few things can hurt us more deeply than the pain we suffer when a relative or a close friend is expelled from the congregation for unrepentant sin. How we respond to the Bible’s direction on this matter can reveal the depth of our love for God and of our loyalty to his arrangement:* Consider some questions that arise on this subject.

How should we treat a disfellowshipped person? The Bible says: “Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.”
    (1 Corinthians 5:11) Regarding everyone that “does not remain in the teaching of the Christ,” we read: “Never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For he that says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.” (2 John 9-11) We do not have spiritual or social fellowship with disfellowshipped ones. The Watchtower of September 15, 1981, page 25, stated: “A simple ‘Hello’ to someone can be the first step that develops into a conversation and maybe even a friendship. Would we want to take that first step with a disfellowshiped person?”

Is strict avoidance really necessary? Yes, for several reasons. First, it is a matter of loyalty to God and his Word. We obey Jehovah not only when it is convenient but also when doing so presents real challenges. Love for God moves us to obey all his
    commandments, recognizing that he is just and loving and that his laws promote the greatest good. (Isaiah 48:17; 1 John 5:3) Second, withdrawing from an unrepentant wrongdoer protects us and the rest of the congregation from spiritual and moral contamination and upholds the congregation’s good name. (1 Corinthians 5:6, 7)
    Third, our firm stand for Bible principles may even benefit the disfellowshipped one. By supporting the decision of the judicial committee, we may touch the heart of a wrongdoer who thus far has failed to respond to the efforts of the elders to assist him. Losing precious fellowship with loved ones may help him to come “to his senses,” see the seriousness of his wrong, and take steps to return to Jehovah. -Luke 15:17.

What if a relative is disfellowshipped? In such a case, the close bond between family members can pose a real test of loyalty. How should we treat a disfellowshipped relative? We cannot here cover every situation that may arise, but let us focus on two basic ones.

In some instances, the disfellowshipped family member may still be living in the same home as part of the immediate household. Since his being disfellowshipped does not sever the family ties, normal day-to-day family activities and dealings may continue. Yet, by his course, the individual has chosen to break the spiritual bond
    between him and his believing family. So loyal family members can no longer have spiritual fellowship with him. For example, if the disfellowshipped one is present, he would not participate when the family gets together to study the Bible. However, if the disfellowshipped one is a minor child, the parents are still responsible to instruct and discipline him. Hence, loving parents may arrange to conduct a Bible study with the child.* -Proverbs 6:20-22; 29:17.

In other cases, the disfellowshipped relative may be living outside the immediate family circle and home. Although there might be a need for limited contact on some rare occasion to care for a necessary family matter, any such contact should be kept to a minimum. Loyal Christian family members do not look for excuses to have dealings with a disfellowshipped relative not living at home. Rather, loyalty to Jehovah and his organization moves. them to uphold the Scriptural arrangement of disfellowshipping. Their loyal course has the best interests of the wrongdoer at heart and may help him to benefit from the discipline received.* -Hebrews 12:11.

[Footnote]

* Bible principles on this subject apply equally to those who disassociate themselves from the congregation.

* For more information about disfellowshipped minor children living in the home, see The Watchtower of October 1, 2001, pages 16-17, and November 15,1988, page 20.

* For more information about how to treat disfellowshipped relatives, see the Scriptural counsel discussed in The Watchtower of April 15, 1988, pages 26-31, and September 15, 1981, pages 26-31.”"

Please note the first sentence under ‘footnote’…… apply equally to those who disassociate themselves from the congregation!!!!!

In the publication “Organized to Do Jehovah’s Will” we find under the heading “Disassociation” on page 155 a similar attitude.

DISASSOCIATION

The term “disassociation” applies to the action taken by a person who, although a baptized member of the congregation, deliberately repudiates his Christian standing, rejecting the congregation by his actions or by stating that he no longer wants to be recognized as or known as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Because he is disassociated, his situation before Jehovah is far different from that of an inactive Christian, one who no longer shares in the
    field ministry. An inactive person may have failed to study God’s
    Word regularly, or because of experiencing personal problems or
    persecution, he may have lost his zeal for serving Jehovah. The
    elders as well as other concerned members of the congregation will
    continue rendering appropriate spiritual assistance to an inactive
    brother. (Rom. 15:1; 1 Thess. 5:14; Heb. 12:12) However, the
    person who disassociates himself by repudiating the faith and
    deliberately abandoning Jehovah’s worship is viewed in the same way as one who is disfellowshipped. A brief announcement is made to inform the congregation, stating: “[Name of person] is no
    longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

Concerning those who renounced their Christian faith in his day, the apostle John wrote: “They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have
    remained with us.” (1 John 2:19) For example, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions,
    such as by becoming part of a secular organization that has
    objectives contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by
    Jehovah God. (Isa. 2:4; Rev. 19:17-21) If a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, a brief announcement is made to the congregation, stating: “[Name
    of person] is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” Such a person
    is treated in the same way as a disfellowshipped person. The
    presiding overseer should approve this announcement.

…..
    Hence as you see above to the JWs disassociation is viewed as a renouncement of Christian Faith not just merely reject of their interpetations!

In fact here is what the publication “Pay Attention to Yourselves and all the Flock” page 94 says about disagreeing with the CCJW interpretations mean…..

“”Persons who deliberately spread (stubbornly hold to and speak about) teachings contrary to Bible truth as taught by Jehovah’s Witnesses are apostates .”"

Further down to page 101 we find how Elders’s are instructed to handle / view those disassociated.

“”Implications of Disassociation

Whereas disfellowshipping is an action taken by a judicial committee against unrepentant wrongdoers, disassociation is an action taken by an individual who has decided that he no longer desires to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (1 John 2 :19)

God’s Word speaks of those who renounce the way of the truth ; they may do this either by written notice or by action. (w81 9/15 p . 23)

If an individual takes a course contrary to the neutral position of the Christian congregation, the congregation is compelled to view him as one who has chosen to separate from us . (Isa . 2 :4 ; John 15 :17-19)

A brief announcement should be made to notify the congregation that this individual, by his chosen course, no longer desires to be one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (The Society should be notified using the S-77 and S-79 forms.)

If a baptized person insists that he does not want to be part of the congregation and requests that his name be removed from all our records, we should comply with his request .

Since he takes such an adamant position, encourage him to put his request in writing .

If he refuses to do this but states resolutely before witnesses his decision to disassociate himself and not be known as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the witnesses to his statement would be asked to put this in writing and sign it .

In all cases of disassociation, a committee would consider the evidence regarding the matter .

If the person has definitely terminated his status as a member of the congregation, the elders will make a brief announcement of his disassociation. (w86 10/15 p . 31)

The Society should be notified using the S-77 and S-79 forms .

He would be viewed as one who has disassociated himself.

It will not be necessary for a committee to continue the
    investigation into alleged wrongdoing if the accused person makes known his decision to disassociate himself. (w84 7/1 p. 31)

However, the committee would prepare a summary of the alleged offense(s) and the evidence of such .

This would be kept along with information regarding the disassociation .

If the person later requests reinstatement, these matters would need to be considered with him at that time .

Those who disassociate themselves should be viewed and treated the same as disfellowshipped persons . (w85 7/15 pp. 30-1)

If one disassociates himself and later wants to return to the
    congregation, he must request a hearing for reinstatement, the same as one who has been disfellowshipped .”"”

…..
    This all said… many Circuit Overseers and Elders encourage Jehovah’s witnesses to be even sterner with these Ex-JWs. I know of serveral who were left homeless and abandoned as teenagers by parents who followed strong counsel from CCJW Elders.

This has caused many to not finish their education and to fall victim of poverty and lost because of lack of parental guidance.

The emotional and mental scars often last a lifetime and sometimes are never overcome, occassionally resulting in suicide.

Just imagine one day you wake up and everybody have ever known hate you. You are not welcomed unless you submit to the Elders and conform to the Organization.

Yes it is cruel and controling but it is the only way anyone leaves the Jehovah’s witnesses.

- 10 julho 2009 at 7:16 pm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit