Dateline by 12/31/01??

by Quandary 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandary
    Quandary

It has been stated that the Dateline episode would run before the end of the year. Does anyone have any factual information about the status of the expose?

• sf
    sf

I'm sure I read that it is now Jan 2002 when it will POSSIBLY air.

sKally, waiting on.......

• Quandary
    Quandary

Thanks SF, the sooner the better I say!!

• anewperson
    anewperson

It was said that a Dateline person said before end of Dec 2001, but it was not an absolute guarantee in writing. Be patient. But even if they didn't air it some competitor like CBS could. It has already made it into Christianity Today, the UK's Guardian newspaper, all over the internet, and I believe it will indeed be aired by Dateline NBC if not this week then in January. If you have any more questions, then why not go straight to Dateline NBC and ask

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Hopefully not. The last two weeks of the year are the worst possible time for the segment to air in terms of drawing the largest possible audience. Most shows are in re-runs cuz the nets know nobody's watching.

Better it air in January or during February sweeps.

-AMNESIAN

• anewperson
    anewperson

Amnesian, we'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile I hope people don't try to rag Bill to death about when, when, when. He's suffered a lot from the Watchtower toadies harassing and threatening him as it is. The WTS's covering up child molestation and other things that show its not a real spiritual "paradise" is a story already out of the bag. Dateline, the internet etc has time enough.... Say, anybody got some good emails for Bethelites for me to email to?

• Quandary
    Quandary

anewperson: I agree about not ragging on Bill Bowen. What a courageous man he is! I guess I'm just very anxious to see how the Society(branch) is going to try to weasle out of this one! I took your advice and emailed NBC inquiring about the status of the story.

Thanks

• picosito
    picosito

You can go to the Dateline schedule calendar on MSNBC.com and keep informed daily. As of right now their show is pre-empted on Dec 23 and 25 and there's nothing showing after that yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit