Finding Men in the Territory

by WTWizard 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse, along comes the August 2009 Kingdumb Misery. Therein, "Meet the Challenge of Witnessing to Men" comes along. They are whining that there are too many women and not enough men (I wonder if they are hearing about "sisters" not finding mates within the cancer, or just because they need men to run the show because they do not want women running it).

They continue with a couple of stock examples of reaching men. Paul and Silas reaching the jailer is one example. Others include Cornelius and the Ethiopian. (Notably, the article uses "likely" and "may have" to add to the Bible.) Which has absolutely nothing to do with the situation today--I wonder if Osama Obama is ever going to become a witless (and, if he ever did, this country would be in the Second Dark Ages before you can pull out another dollar to bail out Bank of America).

The real trouble is in the next paragraph about contacting more men. First, in the territory I used to work in, most of the men were quite old and haggard (in other words, ugly). Those men would be just about useless, since once they got in, they would already be in poor health and quite broke (hence, nothing to put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes). What they want is for people to p*** off householders by working door to door in the evenings, weekends, and holidays. As if they aren't already hounded enough to do holiday witlessing--something tells me that they are really going after people to be out in field circus all evening, all weekend, and all their holidays. Children are going to have a miserable time wasting their whole time off school (and not getting any homework done).

Business territory? I suppose the witlesses want to impede their businesses. And, witlessing to employees (especially the men) is now being pushed--this is sure going to be good in this economy, as most workplaces have religious neutrality as their policy while on the job. I wonder what they are going to do to help out anyone that loses their jobs because of this.

Notably, they further blah-ify things by making sure "sisters" do not get to work on these men. They want other men to do that. What they do not tell is that a person is more likely to be favorably disposed if a member of the opposite sex is doing the work than if other men are--what might have been a friendly discussion will now become a "If all I am going to get is other men, I do not want this religion". And, if unbelieving husbands are contacted by other men (as the paragraph suggests), the unbelieving mate is going to get suspicious that adultery is being set up (and refuse the message for that). And for what? To prevent fornication? With today's acceptance of homosexuality, I doubt that is going to work because you might have one gay "brother" or a gay householder that is just as likely to result in "fornication" as "straight" sex with the opposite sex. Totally ineffective advice.

What they really want is to get more hounders (too many are stepping down because it's too much work and too many rules), as well as to provide the "sisters" with more in-religion marriage opportunities. Too bad most of these are going to be totally unsuitable as marriage partners. Most of the men that come in this way are going to be already married or quite old and haggard (and not likely to make good leaders). In either case, this is going to be a complete fiasco whether or not they get more men in the cancer--a problem that could have been better addressed had they allowed "sisters" equal opportunities to take the lead and relaxed the too-strict rules to allow more to remain in.

Oh well, at least they are going to have that much more incentive to drag me back in so I can take the lead in bringing in more men. I think I would rather go to the dentist and get a root canal or to a tax audit with the IRS.

• yknot
    yknot

Here is my take on the Brother doing the study thing.......

Men who join are often in 'vulnerable' stages of their lives. Much like Randy's buddies and friends thread addressed, these men don't have those support systems and then comes along this bible study. In a world of fatherless boys it isn't hard to see how this could be effective should the Brother conducting truly believe in the Org. That said.... I doubt we have a lot of Brothers who are really that into the Org these days.

• meangirl
    meangirl

So I guess women don't work nowadays.......I just LOVE how they perpetruate the stereotypes

• highdose
    highdose

i'm sorry wt wizzaird but you should keep up to date with the newspapers;) theyv'e started making sperm! theres no longer any need for men at all darling!;)

X

• highdose
    highdose

and by "they" i mean sciencists

... and no i can't spell

• InOregon
    InOregon

My dad became a witness at a time in his life when he was 'vulnerable'. His marriage was falling apart (I later found out he commited adultery). Family counseling told him that if they were not going to get a divorce then they should find a church to join. Well, well, along came a spider witness. He was baptized when I was 13 and life as I knew it came to a complete stop. My mom studied for many years, but never went to meetings or got baptized but did promote the teachings to us kids. Even after I was D'fd at the age of 37 and I told her I was much happier she said "I don't believe you. You can't be happier if you are not a witness'. Weird since she never became one. The congregation actually had 3 elders that had unbelieving wives. I suppose if they don't bring in more men that can be trained to 'take the lead' they might have to change the rules and allow women to become 'appointed servents'.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Well, I hope you'll pardon me, but f*ck the WTBTS up the a$$.

This shit keeps getting more ridiculous.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Didn't we all become witnesses at vulnerable times in our lives?

Wow. Not enough men. Man. This is a good sign for all of us wishing to this organization crumble. The WTBTS always pointed to the shortage of priests in the Catholic church as a sign of some kind. Interesting that it's now happing to them. A shortage of "priests."

• restrangled
    restrangled

Wtwizard, this is so hilarious. My 75 year old mom continually gets studies with Men, especially of the younger variety. It's because she is non- threatening and takes their questions and concerns seriously, does her homework and has a good sense of humor.

Every time she has to turn them over to some male baffoon, they promptly quit. The society should rethink their tactics.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit