This may not be much but I feel good about it...

by cawshun 3 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

Ran into my daughter's in-laws, mother and step dad. She is a pioneer and he is an elder. She and I were discussing age and wrinkles. He said to me, you know, that can all end, and she said, he's talking about the new system. I said , I know, they've been saying that for the last 134 years. He said, well its really getting close now and I said, yeah, They've been saying THAT for the last 134 years. They didn't say anymore about it, we just said our good byes and walked away.

I bet she run's to my daughter with that. I don't care, I'm not in a mind control cult and can speak my own mind!

Any way, it just made me feel good to say that to them!!!!

thought I would share it with ya'll.

cawshun

• Heaven
    Heaven

cawshun... very good! I think every opportunity that presents itself should be utilized to expose this cult for what it is.

My father and I have had a similar conversation. The reasoning given is that 'everything is bad. The economy is bad.' I asked my father if he felt things were as bad as they were during the Great Depression or as bad as they were during the First and Second World Wars. There was silence. Always, the silence. But at least I get him thinking.

Tomorrow, the sun will rise, we'll have to get up and get ready to go to work.... and I bet the Big A won't be here.

• cawshun
    cawshun

I agree Heaven, I just try to drop little tid bits here and there without getting into deep discussion with them.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

LOLOL! ROFL! thanks for that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit