We always watched and even lit fireworks on the 4th of July...

by cognac 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Now my dad is trying to tell me going to watch the fireworks is celebrating it - the same as celebrating Christmas... I told him that I don't care I'm going anyways and I'm taking hubby and daughter with me... He said in a not to happy tone, "ok"...

I mean, what is he gonna do? Go tell on me? NOPE! Cause then he will get in trouble also and probably loose his elder status...

Nice try but I'm going to see the fireworks...

• yknot
    yknot

We always shot them off at midnight... July 5th!

....technically in JWworld you are your husband's charge, not Daddy's....

Have a great time!!

I am meeting with some JWs to watch the fireworks. Fireworks and Thanksgiving Turkey gotta be the two most semi-celebrated worldly events in JWland.

• cognac
    cognac

lol, just got back. It was great! Hope youhave fun too!

• trueblue
    trueblue

I was born and raised in a JW familly, my JW dad always brought us fireworks, some times we lived in a state whre fire works are elligal, but my dad would take us across state line and bring them back.

I remember we were throwing fireworks out the window of the car and an airplane like firework chaced us for a long time. another time we were out in the country shooting off fireworks, we started out holding roman candles and shooting it as if it where a gun or something, and my brother lit a firecracker and forgot it wasn't a roman candle and it blew up while he was still holding it. Lucky he did not lose a finger.

My dad use to shoot cherry bombs with a sling shot over this school, and into a grocery store parking lot, one landed in front of this kid riding his bicycle, and the cherry bomb blew the front tire out on the kids bicycle.

No wonder I used to play with fire.

One time I took some of my dads cherry bombs with me when I spent the night over at some other winesses house and I woke up real early in the morning and went to the back of the house and layed down some news paper, layed the cherry bombs on top of that, covered it with bricks, lit the news papers, went to the front of the house, and watch a horrific site with such noise and bricks flying every where even way above the house.

I was only five years old, Thanks dad

• only me
    only me

We always watched the fireworks on the 4th too. My JW husband always goes with us.

When the 4th falls on a meeting night, there is a mad rush for everyone to get out of the KH in time to see the fireworks.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have always enjoyed fire works, however in Canada we can't get the wolf pak of fire crackers the red ones about one and a half inches or longer. They are the best. My sons friend brought him some back last year from but I used them all up.

I don't know why we can't get them in Canada any longer. It;s a real bummer.

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit