Tell me more about the Photo Drama of Creation.......

by awildflower 4 Replies latest jw friends

• awildflower
    awildflower

This has always been a bragging point in the org. I don't know to much about it (way before my time in the org) and is it true that it was the first of it's kind, whatever it was? I'd like to know more, it's been on my mind for a few days, I don't know why.........wf

• Mickey mouse
  • awildflower
    awildflower

Thanks MM!!! I'll watch it now.........wf

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Here's some more info:

1914 The Photo-Drama of Creation (aka the Eureka-Drama in its abbreviated version), a 1912 religious production by Charles Taze Russell through the auspices of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (representing the Bible Student Movement), was the first major screenplay which incorporated synchronized sound (recorded speech), moving film, and magic lantern color slides. Since its run-time was 8 hours (480 minutes), the b/w show (with some hand-colored slides), providing a religious survey from the time of Creation to the end of the Millenium (the 1,000 year reign of Jesus Christ), was divided into 4-part sets. Multiple copies of sets were made so that it could conceivably be shown in 80 different locations at the same time. It was introduced at a premiere in January of 1914 in New York, and was later screened that summer in Germany. By the end of the year, it was estimated that 9 million people had seen the production in North America, Europe, and Australia.

- http://www.filmsite.org/milestones1910s_2.html

• awildflower
    awildflower

Thanks for that also.........wf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit