Assembly Assessment increased 300%

by James Jack 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    I suspect that those 'out of court' settlements are starting to add up.
  • Kanon
    Kanon

Things are getting expensive.

Assembly taking care of people.

During the 1993 service year, the Watch Tower Society spent $48,857,112.38 in caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers in their field service assignments

10 Years later

During the 2013 service year, Jehovah’s Witnesses spent nearly $200 million in caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers in their field service assignments.
    That is a big increase. I mean yea New York sales were huge but if they are really burning 200 Million a year and that is only part of there expenses .

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What do they REALLY SPEND on these pioneers and missionaries!?

They don't get lavish handouts....in fact they are living in poverty most times, or forced to take care of their own needs!

Hypocrites!

• Kanon
    Kanon
    Yup those are right outta the yearbooks
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    So how many special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers are there? Once we know that, the math is easy.
  • New day
    New day
    Our circuit had to make up the deficit from a circuit assembly about two years ago. Our cong had to send x amount based on amount of publishers. This is mentioned somewhere in the organization book I think. Somebody also mentioned about the BOE having to make up the difference. This happened with a local cong deficit in our hall some years ago. All appointed bros had to contribute personally to get us out of trouble. When the same situation re-occurred about a year or so ago I refused to get involved and told the other elders thst it was not the BOE's baby but all the cong needed to contribute. The idea was dropped . All of this was part of what led to my resignation as an elder.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

During the 2013 service year, Jehovah’s Witnesses spent nearly $200 million in caring for special pioneers, missionaries, and traveling overseers in their field service assignments.

Yup those are right outta the yearbook....Kanon
    Watchtower Information is Extremely Reliable!!..

..............................YOU COULD BET YOUR LIFE ON IT!..............Image result for or not.........http://www.jwfacts.com/images/1914-The-Generation-that-will-not-pass-away.jpg

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Kanon don't you mean "20 years later"? 1993-2013.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The money issue is causing a few to awaken to the fact that something is wrong.

WTS used to brag on its No Collections policy. While there are still no official "collections" there are mandatory fees that debunk their claim of voluntary contributions. Mandating that $xx.xx per publisher be collected is not voluntary. If the attendees do not toss enough cash into the collection boxes, the Circuit sends a (non-voluntary) bill to each Congregation to make up the shortfall.

JWs used to pride themselves that they were not like the greedy religious clergy of Christendom.

Doc

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Like "New day", I was in a foreign language congregation where the circuit didn't have enough money to cover the cost of the circuit assembly, so letters were sent to each congregation telling them how much they owed.

It was sad. Lots of little kids that were publishers but didn't have jobs to pay for that kind of stuff. I suppose that's another reason that WT is trying to get the kids baptized young. Since they have to be publishers first, you have these 7-year-old baptized publishers that are expected to pay WT for the privilege of sitting in a dreary assembly hall on a beautiful weekend when they should be outside enjoying life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit