Assembly Assessment increased 300%

by James Jack 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

While at the Assembly, when reading the financial statement, I noticed our expenses went from $2500 to almost $9500 so I questioned an Elder and said that the Assessment per publisher is at $10.50 for all in the US Branch territory.

He added this helps the Society know how much is coming in and helps them plan out future projects!

• Oubliette
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Assessment per publisher is at $10.50

Boy is that ever wishful thinking !

• user100
    user100
    god damn.. they need to provide an itemized expense sheet...
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    He added this helps the Society know how much is coming in and helps them plan out future projects!

He should have kept it to "This helps the Society".

The Watchtower organization is no more and no less than it has always been: A religion business.

Any changes made by Watchtower are based on what's good for it's business. That's all there is to it. End of story.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    I hope they continue to increase their tax at the assemblies, maybe they would price themselves out of a job. Meaning, do you think that this would awaken some people?
  • JeffT
    JeffT
    Every accountant can tell you that expense for one entity is income for somebody else. The WTBS has done a good job of confusing this simple fact in the minds of the R&F
  • hoser
    hoser
    I wonder who pays if they come up short at the contribution box
  • blondie
    blondie
    hoser, my exact question too. I was told by several elders that if the congregation doesn't come up with the money, the BOE has to...........I can't see that happening though.
  • prologos
    prologos
    In this neck of the woods the contribution did not cover the assembly day assessment, even after the 4 k deficit announcement. so, after the assembly, the local elders decided to have the congregation "resolve" to send a "gift" of several hundert $ to cover. It should be COD cash on delivery, and wt has never delivered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit