Why do I suddenly want to start reading JW literature and going to Kingdom Halls?

by yogosans14 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

What if they are right?

Well that would be novel.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

My opinion is this: people should do what makes them happy. Others who criticize that are not really being fair.

I used to tell my girlfriend who became Born Again. If you believe in God and religion then at the very minimum one of us is probably wrong.

Go with the one you truly believe. Ignore the other white noise.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Mad Irishman: Agree "go with the one you truly believe". If it make you happy

go with it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The basic tenants of Christianity is about love, empathy and compassion toward all mankind and holding up the god figure of Jesus Christ as a following engaging role model.

The JWS./WTS is mostly about the basic tenants of worshiping a religious publishing house and its leaders who have been notably corrupt in its doctrinal teachings, which they leveraged upon Christianity and the preaching of the Gospel of the bible.

Every person who gets involved in this pseudo Christianity, gets exploited to proliferate publications which are in itself a tainted commercial form of the bible's Gospel.

Yet the leaders of this organization enforce strict obedience and loyalty from out their followers curtailing them to be the organization's public sales representatives.

That is the basic difference between the JWS and other Christian based faiths.

• cofty
    cofty
    Go with the one you truly believe. Ignore the other white noise. - Mad Irishman

How about - go with the evidence?

What any of us believe is worthless unless it is founded on reality.

• WheninDoubt
    WheninDoubt

So Finkeistein, Is that the reason why Jesus was crucified? Not that he had literature to disperse, but the word of God which is part of Christendom, is what one wants, to be closer to God through Jesus. So I guess you’re calling Jesus a liar, what he proclaimed in Matthew 28:19.

I don’t know what JW’s you speak of, since that Religion, that I know of, has always been told to seek a personal relationship with God: I never heard that the Watch Tower would save your life. The salvation comes within us. No Father, Preacher, Priest can remove your sins, So in order to save your soul, you need to work at it as Jesus demonstrated to his Apostles and people of that time.

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 1:10-13 ESV

He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Romans 5:8 ESV

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 6:40 ESV /

For this is the will of my Father that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Oh Lord...
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So Finkeistein, Is that the reason why Jesus was crucified? Not that he had literature to disperse, but the word of God which is part of Christendom, is what one wants, to be closer to God through Jesus. So I guess you’re calling Jesus a liar, what he proclaimed in Matthew 28:19.

No, what Jesus taught was that NO MAN NOT EVEN HIMSELF knows god's sacred time and admonished any of his (TRUE) followers to try proclaim things that were based from their own calculated set times.

The WTS calculated their own times for adverse commercial reasons and disregarded paying attention to Jesus's own teachings. I'm calling the WTS. a lair and a self indulgent one at that.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

yogosans14,

"...I get fearful and think "what if jws are right and I'm wrong" than I'm screwed!but if there wrong and I'm right it doesn't look to good for them."

This is the general attitude of fundamentalist religions whether they're Baptists of JWs; God is like a demented and harsh schoolteacher who will kill you if you don't get his doctrinal i's dotted and t's crossed. Then brutally tortured throughout eternity because you accepted the wrong teaching. Or the JW god who will simply "destroy" you forever because you did not warm up a Kingdom Hall seat.

I think you need to question both.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree Finklestein!

What is even worse is that they have used a faux or sham form of religious devotion to perpetuate this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit