How do the French worldlings view the non kissy dubs?

by hamsterbait 2 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Okay - we all know that in many cultures embracing and kissing of cheeks is part of good manners - like in the english speaking world we shake hands.

I was told by a french friend that to pull away when somebody goes to kiss your cheek in a social situation is as rude as snatching your hand behind your back when offered a handshake. (I cringe though when somebodys child whom I have never met offers each cheek in turn to be kissed in social introductions.)

I note that the kissing is more common in the South. But are witlesses viewed as stand offish, or even rude? The Society apparently has told witnesses not to greet each other with a kiss at meetings (might lead to SEX) Is this also seen as strange? Do the dubs ignore this as an american prejudice (like not being allowd a glass of wine with dinner on a meeting night).

Is this also the case in other cultures?

Whatever happened to Pauls words "greet each other with a holy(ie pure in motive) kiss"?

HB

• shamus100
  • wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

Bullshit! Well at least in Spain anyway...

Two kisses are manditory at meetings, assemblies, when you meet each other for fieldservice etc. Some of the older brothers used to be that way (that men and women shouldn't kiss at meetings) but all the spanish brothers and sisters I know do it anyway. It is cultural and meaningless as regards sex.

The only time you would tend to shake hands is if you meet someone for the first time at a kingdom hall. If you were introduced to anyone elsewhere (excluding business settings) then the rule is "dos besos" (two kisses). Hell even men (friends) kiss each other on the cheeks - now THAT one took a couple of weeks to get used to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit