Polish Clothes Chain Only Hires Jehovah's Witnesses

by Bangalore 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Polish Clothes Chain Only Hires Jehovah's Witnesses.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20090629/155382092.html

Bangalore

• glenster
    glenster

Plus their accounting department likes how little JWs double check how their leaders play with books.

• carla
    carla

here is the article-

WARSAW, June 29 (RIA Novosti) - A popular clothes chain in Poland has announced that it will hire only Jehovah's Witnesses, national media said on Monday.

The unusual work requirement was announced by the Occasion chain for its staff in shops in Lodz and Warsaw, the Gazeta Wyborcza has reported.

A spokesman told the newspaper that Jehovah's Witnesses made the best workers in their shops as they were conscientious and had no bad habits.

"We had an employee before who said he was member of the Jehovah's Witnesses during an interview. He did his job very well. He was nice and frank and customers liked him. No one left the shop empty-handed," the spokesman said.

The Jehovah's Witnesses group was founded by Charles Taze Russell in 1872. Its members believe that the end of the world is imminent and that only those faithful to their creed will be saved.

----------------------------------------

Can you imagine a company in the US trying that? Someone would have them in court so fast their head would spin.

So is the company closed on Saturday mornings, Sun? Tues or Thurs evenings?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If you can sell Watchtowers......you can sell Cow Turds to a Farmer! .........Or ice to Eskimo's.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

That is religous discrimination which is illegal in the EU. They could easily be sued if this is true.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

True, you are not going to find merchandise missing with the witlesses. You are also not going to see any work that is work getting done.

Why not? I can remember when I was working with a crew of witlesses, they wasted so much time arguing about some stupid point from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger that very little real work got done. I was the only one that actually tried to get some real work done (along with another worldly person, who they dogged terribly), and I would generally get things done that hadn't been done in more than 5 years. (Until they told me not to do that--the witlesses, that is).

Another major problem I had working for witlesses is that typically everything you did was what the witless boss told you to. You had to follow procedures (that were not even company policy, and could even be against policy and damaging to fixtures you were trying to clean). Even when you were off, they tried to order you out in field circus on your day off--which would often leave you drained because you had to waste your time off in field circus.

What happens when the Grand Boasting Session, the REJECT Jesus Party, or a "Everyone Must Pio-sneer" month (you know, one of those with five Saturdays and/or five Sundays) comes along? If everyone is a witless, they are all going to need the same time off. What happens if it happens to be one of the busiest times of the year? They are all going to "need" the time off anyways, and I have seen witlesses call in sick at work so they could attend all three days of the Grand Boasting Session. That is not the kind of employees that are going to create value for the company.

• undercover
    undercover

<insert 'dumb Polack' joke here>

• Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit