Christians Bringing Guns to Church

by cameo-d 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I wonder if they eventually plan to use atheists and other non-conformists as target practice?

WWJD?

Also, notice the "snake on the pole" in the pic.

Has the Snake on a Pole taken the place of the crucifix?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8122767.stm

excerpt:

Pastor Ken Pagano told parishioners to bring their unloaded guns to New Bethel Church in Louisville for a service celebrating the right to bear arms.

He said he acted after church members voiced fears the Obama administration could tighten gun control laws.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

It makes me want to open carry in the kingdom hall

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

weren't there some old laws regarding sanctuary of those being pursued and laws against weapons on sanctuary grounds?

There those laws imaginary? Are they archaic? Are they only for specific churches?

• DT
    DT

I think the carrying of unloaded guns into church is a fitting symbol. The unloaded guns give the appearance of power but can't actually accomplish anything. It's all for show. The same is true of many religious people (I'm not saying all) who advertise their faith and self righteousness without bringing any benefit to society.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I've actually never brought a gun to church. I leave it in my vehicle. I surrender completely when I stand before the Prince of Peace. However, on my life, I swear I carried the last several months I attended Kingdom Hall. And I was still an active MS at the time. There was such a great feeling in shaking the hand of a...circuit overseer or presiding elder...with a .45 under the armpit or a .380 in the back pocket. Thrilling. By the way, I personally know of at least two other apostates that started down the narrow path to life this way. The first time I bought a firearm I got palpitations from the JW programming. I still remember the day. A Simonov SKS surplus rifle, Chinese Type 56, from a pawn shop. Guns were actually the first palpable, outward, beginning of my rejection the Watchtower. Isn't it funny how totalitarian authorities never want the peons armed?

BTS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Isn't it funny how totalitarian authorities never want the peons armed?

BTS

Yeah. It's gonna be even funnier when the theocratic kingdom takes over and you have to melt them down to make a plowshare!

• thomas15
    thomas15

In my state, it is legal to conceal carry if you have a state issued license to do so. It is also a "Shall Issue" state, which means the state must give you said license unless you are prohibited by law to own a firearm. Last time I checked, there are over 1 million licensed CCW holders in the state.

The only place you cannot carry is post offices, inside a courtroom and some parks and schools and posted private property. So, let's say Wal-Mart doesn't want armed customers, they would have to post a sign saying firearms are not allowed in the store. This action is known as "business sucide", as everyone has guns here. There are no laws addressing open carry. This means also that there are no laws prohibiting carry in churches or bars. I have to say that it is rare to see anyone open carry since concealed carry is so widespread.

I don't know how many ladies and/or gentlemen are armed during Sunday AM worship services in my small county church, but let's just say I pitty anyone who busts in with evil on their mind. I feel that Christians are well within their rights to be armed.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Does anyone know whether or not Jesus' disciples carried their swords into houses of worship?

• undercover
    undercover
    Pastor Ken Pagano told parishioners to bring their unloaded guns to New Bethel Church in Louisville for a service celebrating the right to bear arms.

What use is a good ole-fashioned crusade without loaded weapons...

• ssn587
    ssn587

good forl them, some of us go armed, whether use of guns or knives or other things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit