I was on the PVG and it was an eye opener

by gubberningbody 4 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

You get involved. You go to seminars, study up on blood, the history of transfusion medicine, medical ethics, legal cases and the like if you're motivated like I was. Then it hits you that there is no biblical basis for distinguishing minor blood fractions, that DF'ing someone on these grounds are without biblical support and that you're ashamed of the whole thing because the supposed principle of showing respect for life is actually violated by the prohibition. I'm reminded of Jesus "breaking" sabbath laws to heal people and how disgusted he was with the pharisees that they couldn't see that what they were doing was hypocritical and violated the very laws they claimed to support.

It took me 8 more years to walk away after I knew that.

This organization is a real piece of work. It takes some of the best people and inverts their goodness into badness without their even being aware of it.

• oompa
    oompa

amen gubber......so sad.......oompa

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

what's PVG?

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The arrogance of power is a killer in the wrong hands.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

The "PVG" is the Patient Visitation Group. You get assign to visit one or another hospital during the week to see if any JW's have signed in and you visit them to see how they're doing. Ostensibly it's to help them spiritually, but then I found out that it was also to defend the blood policy and spy on your brothers. The changes in the laws regarding patient confidentiality threw a wrench in things, it used to be easy to find out who checked in, but now you pretty much have to rely on the connections with the administration at the hospital and in particular the hospital minister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit