Living your life

by joelingeorgia 5 Replies latest jw friends

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

In the end, the best thing to do is to live your own life.

Set specific goals for what you want to accomplish.

Hang out with people who affirm you and your goals.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I always hated it when they set goals for me like pio-sneering, Beth Hell, and becoming an assistant hounder. The real end goal was for me to go into the Value Destroyer Training School, get the cancer spread throughout the whole country and up to Critical Mass, and then watch them plunge the whole world into the Second Dark Ages in a matter of hours.

Needless to say, that never was my goal--and, when they set it for me, I dogged it.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

um, my post wasn't about goals others set for you, but goals you set for yourself.

accomplishing goals helps you move on, feel good and enjoy life.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Last year I set several goals accomplished some and moved some to this year.

1. Miss the memorial (I ended up letting my sister talk me in to going)

2. Miss the convention (last year was my first time missing the entire thing it was great)

3. Give blood (didn't get to this yet but soon real soon)

4. Vote (Nov. 2008 voted for the first time)

5. Go to a few different chruches (went to 3)

I have more but need to get back to work

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Goals are nice when you need something to live for...but when you enjoy live you don't need to set goals...then live is like a journey that brings you to al sorts of places. Carpe Diem!

• cognac
    cognac

Ita Joel! When I stopped living as a victim and started living my own life, I realized that I could do anything that I wanted!!! I really feel that we are in charge of our own happiness! Thanks for posting such a positive thread!!!

Give us some ideas! What types of goals have you set that you have or are in the process of accomplishing?

For me, one thing was acceptance. Acceptance of the bad things that have happened knowing that will no longer dictate my future. Another thing I did was actively change my entire life. I went from working in the city to working part time at home doing a job that I'm absolutely in love with! At the same time I get the opportunity of being a stay at home mom!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit