2010 Service Year Circuit Assembly: “Safeguard Your Spirituality”

by LUKEWARM 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

The July 2009 "Our Kingdom Ministry" contains the following article:

A CIRCUIT ASSEMBLY TO HELP US SAFEGUARD OUR SPIRITUALITY

Q1. What is one provision from Jehovah to help us fulfil our commission to spread the good news?1. Jehovah generously provides the information, training, and encouragement we need to share in the divine commission to spread the good news. (Matt 24:14; 2 Tim 4:17) Our annual circuit assembly is one such provision. A new program for the 2010 service year will develop the theme "Safeguard Your Spirituality," based on Romans 8:5 and Jude 17-19. It is scheduled to begin the week of August 31, 2009.

How does Romans and Jude apply to the great crowd when the WBTS say its written for the 144,000?Q2. (a) In what ways will the circuit assembly be beneficial to us? (b) How have past circuit assemblies helped you in the ministry?2. HOW BENEFICIAL: The program will alert us to dangers, such as distractions that threaten to consume our time and divert our attention from what is truly important. We will learn how to counteract the spirit of permissiveness, and we will consider what characterises a spiritual person. The Sunday symposium will show how individuals and family groups can take steps to strengthen their spirituality in the face of increasing pressures and serious tests of faith. The program will help us to safeguard our hearts, maintain our spiritual health, and keep clearly in mind the grand blessings that await those who safeguard their spirituality.

Sounds like a packed 12 hour indoctrination session that serves the purpose to guilt-tripping the friends and making sure they keep their time and energy focused on the "laws of men" - the WBTS treadmill of prescribed theocratic activities!

Q3. When is your next circuit assembly, and what should be your resolve?3. As soon as you learn when and where your next circuit assembly will be held, make plans to be present and attentive for all sessions both days. Be assured, Jehovah blesses the hands of the diligent one. Prov. 21:5

Not only "present" but they want you "attentive for all sessions both days"
    Q4. What are we sure to receive at our upcoming circuit assembly?4. Indeed, Jehovah is the Provider of this good gift. The program prepared by the faithful slave class will be just what we need to carry on as Christian ministers. We are grateful to Jehovah for all his loving provisions helping us to "hold fast the public declaration of our hope without wavering." Heb 10:23-25; Jas 1:17.

Where is "faithful slave class" in the Bible?

• trebor
    trebor

Thank you for this information, LUKEWARM.

Any pdf(s) available for the above?

Thanks!

-trebor

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Nothing like being their own cheerleader.

They should have been honest and made the theme, "Same ole, same ole"!

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

YUCK! ANother assembly program I have no desire to attend.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Sorry trebor, dont have PDF...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How have past a$$emblies helped me in the misery? Well, they haven't. If I am going to dog it, it doesn't matter if I get "suggestions" to do better because I am not going to take them. I don't want any studies.

I don't want to be the reason why a child (and it only takes one) dreads getting up each and every day, has only 6 or 7 hours at best before another church, misses out on all fun, cannot go to college, and becomes useless to society beyond helping the Washtowel Slaveholdery plunge us all into the Second Dark Ages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit