Is it true that 1 in 5 JWs don't believe in the moon landing?

by 1914BS 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

???

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Is that pulled out of thin air or do you have a source for that claim?

• inkling
    inkling

"Although the documentary states that 20 percent of Americans now doubt that Man set foot on
    the Moon, the claim, like many of the others, is actually false. The real figure, sourced from
    a 1999 Gallup-poll, is closer to 6 percent."

I would guess that the number might be higher among JWs, do to a tendency towards both
    gullibility and distrust of the government, but I doubt it is 20%.

I would not, however, be shocked if it were.

[inkling]

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has published that the moon landings were real........how would a faithful jw disagree with the FDS?

*** w87 3/1 p. 25 par. 2 Making All Things New ***Have not science and technology brought forth many new things during this 20th century? Just look at the world of travel, with its jet airplanes, its high-powered automobiles, and its bullet trains. Then there are the astounding advances in telecommunications, the use of orbiting satellites, and the launching of spaceships that have actually landed men on the moon.

A jw worked at NASA during the landing and later became a jw....

*** w82 5/1 p. 3 In Search of Success ***IT WAS July 20, 1969. The Apollo 11 spacecraft and the lunar landing module named Eagle circled the moon making last-minute preparations for the first historic landing of man on the moon. I sat in the mission support room at the Manned Spacecraft Center in Houston, Texas, with dozens of thoughts rebounding in my mind: Will the landing be a safe one? Will the system for which I was responsible operate properly and carry out its necessary functions?

other statements from the WTS that the moon landings were real.......

*** w77 7/15 p. 420 Why Believe in a God We Cannot See? ***The universe has far more impressive laws. Why, the moon landings by astronauts would have been impossible without taking into consideration, and depending upon, the precise and reliable laws of gravity, motion, acceleration, as well as the laws that govern the orbiting of the earth and the moon. Those superior laws indicate the existence of a superior Lawgiver, the invisible Creator.

*** w75 10/15 p. 612 par. 6 One World, One Government, Under God’s Sovereignty ***All of us people, regardless of where we live on this planet, are held captive to this earth. It is true that six space flights have landed men on the moon, but these men, in order to survive, have had to return to this earth. They have been glad to get back to this earth.

*** g70 1/8 p. 29 Watching the World ***

Man’s Second Moon Landing Eight hours of walking on the moon highlighted America’s second manned mission to the lunar surface a quarter million miles away. In all, the men spent 31-1/2 hours on the moon’s Ocean of Storms on November 19 and 20. The men returned to earth with 80 pounds of rocks for scientists, and pieces of an unmanned spacecraft, Surveyor 3, which landed on the moon 2-1/2 years ago. The moon mission was executed by astronauts Charles Conrad, Jr., Alan L. Bean and Richard F. Gordon, Jr.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit