john 10 and the wts

by logic 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logic
    logic

Reading john 10 really explains who the real sheppard is. The wts uses verse 16 freely but ignores the rest. I like verses 10-13. It describes

the wts perfectly. I just had two witness friends of my wifes over . We spent about 3 hours on why I know the fairhfull and discreet

slave is not the wts. And there are no scriptures that even describe the wts taking over as sheppard. They had no answers for anything

I brought up. They left with the same old crap , 'I know it is the truth" .

We discussed the Jehovahs name thing. There is just no way to make using that name ok. What finally got them was when I explained

that the monk that made the name up probably believed in the trinity, so it was perfectly ok to combine the two names into one. Basically

when you say the name you are saying jesus and jehovah are the same. Their eyes got wide open then.

Ilwill probably have the elders call on me again. The one sister started the whole thing by asking me what I thought of a talk about

the end being so close. you know , the same old crap I have heard a million times. Maybe she will keep her mouth shut next time.

As she headed for her car she said she will talk to me again about all this. Im not going to hold my breath.

B y the way neither pereson knew about the new changes about the generation and the calling of the annointed.

I fell like I have to educate the jws on the new information before I can discuss anything with them.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I wanted to let you know that it did not go unread.

You're right, vs. 10-13 do sound like WTS.

I was in the b0rg when the new understandings about the anointed and generation came out. I caught them but it seemed like very few others did. They sure know how to sneak that crap by everyone, don't they?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi logic,

Good post!

Yeah, John 10 describes the WT directly, see these verses John 10:5 John 10:8 John 10:10 John 10:12 John 10:13

All the best,
    Stephen

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Care to eplain why you beleive that those verse describe the WT?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Pretty self explanatory but here goes

John 10:5 (New International Version)

5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."

True sheep do not to follow the WT.

John 10:8 (New International Version)

8 All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.

The WT claim to be the shepherd but they are thieves and robbers, just ask any exJW if they were robbed.

John 10:10 (New International Version)

10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;

The WT kill with their "no blood" rule and destroy lives and families.

John 10:12 (New International Version)

12 The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.

Jesus is the good shepherd who lays His life down for the sheep, unlike the WT.

John 10:13 (New International Version)

13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

The WT care nothing for the sheep. Here's the important bit
    John 10
    The Shepherd and His Flock
    1 "I tell you the truth, the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The WT claim they can get you into the sheep pen and they are the mediator for the JWs with the "earthly hope". However, Jesus is THE gate John 10:7 John 10:9 and He says climbing in is for thieves and robbers. All the best, Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit