What could be statistics of JWs dying over Blood issue?

by Gayle 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

I read that there are 5 million blood transfusions a year in the U.S. The U.S. population is about 306 million. That percentage rate comes to 1.63%. That is, if an individual receives only one transfusion. So, say each patient may need an average of 3 transfusions per patient/case. With that percentage adjustment (.0054 - a third of 1.63%) and that in the U.S. the Watchtower reported 2008 peak publishers was 1,105,789 (***please keep in mind this would not be including 'non-publisher JWs', like their small children and infants). Then potentially, 5,971 U.S. JWs would have to deal with blood issue yearly. How many of those die annually because of refusal to take blood? Half? A thousand? Five hundred? Too many!!! 2008 worldwide JWs publishers show 7,124,443 publishers. At the same rate (.0054), potentially 38,472 JWs worldwide annually, could be dealing with the blood issue. How many die for refusing the blood that would otherwise have a good chance to live? It's just numbers, that cannot be proved absolutely. But the potential is staggering. Dangerous cults like Jim Jones had about 900 die and Koresh (Waco) cult had 75 die for their religious beliefs and yet Jehovah's Witnesses still are not considered dangerous by most people. Amazing-sickening! If you can give me any other informational statistics, I would appreciate it.

• Lee Elder
  • Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Gayle may I recommend a good book that may help answer your question. It is called "Blood On The Altar" by David Reed

You can Google it and get further info.

Mall Cop / Blueblades

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This video says it was 3 a day worldwide in the late 90's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayPEU_uWsVM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit