GOVERNING BODY- JEHOVAH'S ANOINTED?

by believingxjw 2 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Each member of the Governing Body claims to be of the anointed. This claim of anointing along with the appointment to a virtual apostleship position in the Organization gives them the power to rule over Jehovah's Witnesses. They control every aspect of worship, nothing is outside of their control even the shunning of family members is within their ability to allow or disallow along with all other matters JW.

The Apostle Paul was also anointed as were Peter and the other Apostles. They were anointed and appointed by holy spirit to take the lead in spiritual matters. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses makes this claim of anointing and appointing for itself also, they being the representatives of all the JW anointed on earth. So, the JWs have spirit anointed and appointed older men who are taking the lead.

Peter, though, supplied miraculous proofs of his anointing. Paul did as well and not only that Paul wrote letter upon letter to the congregations and never did he tell them to go back and change something he wrote because Jehovah had provided him with new light.

Today, the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses cannot supply one proof that they are who they claim to be. Every spirit directed leader of the ancient Jews and the early Christians gave miraculous evidence that Jehovah was with them. But the Governing Body cannot. Not one miracle, not even an unchanging stream of spiritual instruction. No, not one evidence that Jehovah is with them.

But Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe that the gifts of the spirit are no longer being given, that there are other ways a Christian can recognize the true religion, God's true religion. That these other evidences are proofs of Jehovah's approval of and appointment of the Governing Body to lead his people.

Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe that the growing numbers of publishers are evidence that Jehovah is with them. But if numbers were used to prove God's blessing then the Roman Catholic Church would be the most blessed. Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe that persecution proves they are God's people but in the eastern European countries where Orthodoxy is practiced many western Christian faiths are being persecuted as well (see the Forum 18 site) not just Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe that the worldwide preaching work is evidence that they are God's chosen people yet the Governing Body has been unable to surpass the preaching and disciple making that has already taken place around the world by other Christian faiths. Jehovah's Witnesses have for the most part only built on another man's foundation, they have been unable to penetrate in large numbers those countries whose populations are for the most part non-Christians. Jehovah's Witnesses have been trained to believe the door to door preaching work is a mark of their identity as God's people Yet, there are Baptists and other Christian faiths who go door to door with invitations to their church and they give out free Bibles to everyone who would take one. There are young Mormons who do the same devoting themselves full-time to their work.

Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe they are God's people because of the love they have among themselves. Yet, almost everyday an article can be found about other Christians who are helping their own through unimaginable hardships and pain and not only that they are also helping others outside of their faith. Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe they are God's people because they are a clean people both morally and physically. My Baptist neighbors are also clean both morally and physically so are my Catholic and Muslim neighbors.

Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe they are God's chosen because they do not worship a Trinity or believe in the immortality of the soul or hellfire. There are other Christian faiths who hold these same beliefs including the many active Bible Students around the world. Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe that since the Organization has taught them so many truths it must be the one true faith and must be followed and loyally trusted. Yet, the Organization again has built on the works of others who came before Russell. The Trinity, hellfire and immortal soul doctrinal questions were already being discussed among faithful Christian men decades before the first Watchtower ever came into print.

Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe...they are trained to believe what the Governing Body tells them to believe without proof of anointing or even proof that the Governing Body has led them where no other Christian faith has already been.

Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to be Jehovah's Witnesses that's all. They are trained to believe what every religious faith believes: that they are true religion. Without proof, just faith, not a faith in God but rather faith in men. Because if Jehovah's Witnesses are trained to believe what men say without proof of anointing then they are putting faith in men.

So the question every Jehovah's Witness should ask himself/herself is: are the members of the Governing Body truly appointed by Jehovah to lead his people? And if they are how do I know they are, what proofs of their appointment have they given me? Are they good men?, Paul was a good man. Do they teach the word of God?, Paul taught the word of God. Do they sacrifice themselves?, so did Paul. Do they direct the congregations?, so did Paul. But even so, Jehovah gave Paul and Peter miraculous proofs of their appointment, their sincere efforts to do God's will were, though good, not enough to prove to the congregations that they were appointed by God as leaders of the congregation.

In the Bible, Jehovah always provides proofs of spiritual anointing and those proofs are miraculous proofs. But Jehovah has kept quiet, he has not supplied the members of the Governing Body with the same proofs of their anointing and appointment as his representatives as he so openly and decisively gave to Moses or Jeremiah or Paul or Peter why is that? If the time of miraculous proofs has passed then so has the time of complete trust and loyalty to men or to an organization of men who cannot prove their appointment from God otherwise any man could rise up and claim to be what he cannot prove to be.

Jehovah's Witnesses: has the Governing Body been appointed by Jehovah to lead his people? Show me the proofs and I will gladly return. But if you cannot show proof then why do you follow the Governing Body to the extent that you would sacrifice your child on an altar that Jehovah himself has chosen not to show his approval of? This is idolatry.

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Sounds like a hater to me

• wobble
    wobble

BelievingXJW, many thanks for your post, you have eloquently put what I feel. I wrote in a letter the other day to my JW Elder nephew :

"I would dearly love to have it proved to me that the JW's are god's organization , then I could renew acquaintance with many in the Org. who I rarely see now"

I have asked him to show me such proof from the Bible.

I am not holding my breath until I get a reply !

"Unbaptised" are you saying Bel.XJW is a hater ? perhaps like me Bel.XJW hates untruth and lies , and mind control of innocent people who set out to find the Truth about God, and found themselves in thrall to a bunch of men who make colossal claims for themselves and offer no proof.

Many people hate arrogance and lies, because God hates those things too.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit