my therapist wants to report her concerns about the jw religion

by looloo 7 Replies latest jw experiences

  • looloo

    after telling her my story she could not hide her horror and said she thinks i have a right to sue the watchtower for not reporting amolester in the cong to the police or even disfellowshipping him , so that when i got involved with the religion (and presumed they were all trustworthy) i didnt realise that my child was in danger untill it was to late, someone should have told me directly what he had done in the past , and been forgiven for , does anyone know who she could report her concerns about the poor child protection policy in the relgion to ? not the police , because i did that and he did go to prison and is out now . she is also concerned about how they deal with domestic violence .

  • snowbird

    It would be a good thing if she does.

    Too much pain, too many demands, too little gain.


  • Scully

    I would think that the child protection agency in her jurisdiction would be a good place to start.

    However, unless there are concerns about a specific child or specific children, there is not much that the agency will do. The agency will prioritize and investigate reports of actual physical or sexual abuse before they will investigate "potential" cases.

  • jamiebowers

    I have to agree with Scully. The best place to start would be children's services, so the info can be used in future cases.

  • Snoozy

    I see you have posted a lot about Child abuse...just passing this along, don't know if you have looked it up or not. This link deals with Child abuse issues.


  • Lucky Calamity
    Lucky Calamity

    If you're referring to a specific pedophile, with a specific record, then your social worker can at least make sure that he is properly reporting to the state, as many states have residency reporting requirements for convicted ones. You can also look it up online.

  • purplesofa

    Maybe the Governers office,

    State Senator,

    I am glad she is concerned and wants to actively do something.

    Maybe there is some sort of

    Agency of Consolidated churches, if there is such a thing.

    that would be interested,


  • WTWizard

    I would like to see this as grounds for shutting the whole operation down. Permanently.

Share this