making friends in the troof

by Psychotic Parrot 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

i always found this really difficult... is it just me? the ones i always got on best with were the worldly ones, and i've found making friends in the weld much easier than in the troof... although in the fairness to the weld, it does offer more choice...

sometimes i think that even if i belived in gawd i probably wouldnt go back to the troof... better off in the 'dying' weld...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"Just meet other men at the a$$emblies."

Hounders busting up anything that might have any potential, even if it is years away.

More field circus and donations to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

Go to Beth Hell, then the Value Destroyer Training School.

Pio-sneer.

With "friends" like that, why even bother sticking around?

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

Depends on who makes up your congregation, some places (who usually have like foriegners) are more freindly and less hypocritical than the natives of the western part of the orginaztion.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Now I have no friggin friends except one who is a disalussioned Witness!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Dubs are a strange bunch...

When I started in "da truuff", I found it very difficult to make friends. Personally, I think it's because so many people have the congregation lives and the at home lives. Congregational witnesses are near perfect, just what they want you to think they are. At home witnesses are more relaxed, usually enjoy drinking, swear a bit, or do something that is just "not right" or perfect. (these are generalized comments)

Later, I just didn't give a shit and started to hang out with the party-warrior witlesses. Every weekend, we would go out and party - drink, get smashed, etc... pretty lame life, really.

So who do you want to hang with? Oversensitive try to be like Jesus freaks, middle of the road who are very protective lest they be found out, or the party animals? Personally, I choose neither.

• lalaa
    lalaa

I always had a hard time making friends with dubs growing up. They were either too boring or just trying too hard to be bad. I preferred my worldly friends from school growing up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit