So our Circus Overseer is visiting......Lucky us.

by Vachi 8 He Is 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

And he goes "The society has been wrasslin' with the idea of a 'family study night' as opposed to the disbanded 'book study night' for two years." First, on average, no one at the cong would know whether this was true or not but because he's a CO he obviously has more of a direct relationship with the bruhddahs in NY. Second, didn't the dubs already have something like this? Oh yeah, it was called "turn the tv off kids, I'm feeling religious now" There are dub families out here who have mock meetings where they sit down and rehearse what they are going to say, given the oppurtunity at the hall. So here's what they've done: The hall is like the central hub, and book studies took place in the surrounding neighborhoods. Whereas before, someone who has the misfortune of being drawn to this sham-wow religion, were able to go to some dubs house in their neighborhood, now they have to trek a further distance to the hall. It would be the same as taking all the Best Buys except for five and doing away with them. If one has a product they wish to sell they'd want to branch out through many avenues and tell people, not concentrate and localize it. Of course my dub aunt gives the theory that people don't have as much time as they used to. Negative! As dubs practically whack anything that doesn't have to do with studying and going forth to make duh-siples, they had nothing but time.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm single. I don't have a family, therefore I don't study. I suspect that most of the families study the TV Guide.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not support Family Waste the Evening night. If Jehovah wants me to remain forever single with no prospects, there is no way I am going to do anything that might help those He has permitted that pleasure to do anything that might benefit Him in any way.

Thus, I either spend it sleeping or online, finding material I can take and throw right back in their faces.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit