if you stayed home from field service or the meeting and you are here...

by rockmehardplace 6 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

stay awhile and check the site out. i have learned so much that for years has been hidden. i always knew something was wrong but could not figure it out. this site will help with that.

blood issues

greed within the WT

UN Scandal

that is just the beginning. stay and read and you will finally be able to put some facts with your feelings.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i log in 4 times a day.

love it, and it's therapeutic.

false prophets, and the world shall know

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Couldn't agree more. I've spent countless hours here since last summer reading up on the WTS. The two biggies for me are 607 BCE and the "Generation" change in 1995.

If a JW shows up after service to find out why I wasn't out, maybe I'll bring up one of these points and pretend I'm sincerely looking for help to restore my faith. Actually, I probably won't open the door. But I'm preparing for the day I have a talk with someone why I haven't been in service for months and only 1 or 2 meetings per month. Thankfully, the elders here are lazy.

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

the other big issue for me is this. how can you belong to an organization that preaches that they have love like no one else, yet many of the people are treated so poorly in the congregation. if you have questions or doubts, why can you not ask? you are treated harshly for even considering such things. consider the july awake, is it ok to change your religion article. this article is to be presented to people to convince them that it is ok to look into another religion and examine it. yet, if a jw does that, you can bet that you will be severly disciplined. very hypocritical. and before someone argues that once you found the "truth", you should not need look. how do you know it is the 'truth" if you dont compare it

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Also, this is far more productive than field circus. You are not in your sweat box, wasting gas driving around to find people you hope are not home. You are not going to run into anything disgusting on these boards like you will in field circus. You are not going to ruin lives as people will wonder why they can no longer do holidays or birthdays, or do anything fun.

And, there is no time slip to turn in at the end of the month. Thus, you are free to log off any time.

• mouthy
    mouthy

You are not going to ruin lives .

Amen!!!! That is one thing I am extremly guilty of
    I led so many to the Organization,Of course they shun me now

But I am afraid it is the one guilt I cannot rid myself Of.
    Many of my friends tells me that is so wrong of me...
    But I truly loved thsoe people.A couple died hating me.
    Told their kids, I was a wicked apostate.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Field service....I think I forgot what that was. Don't refresh my memory.

Gonna start my new job Monday in a large local grocery store, and the first thing I did was volunteer to sing in the company choir.

Basically my job is I do a live cooking demonstration with certain products the store is featuring that week. I'm a trained chef and finally my love of teatching and performing in front of a crowd will be put to good use. I'm soo looking forward to it!

I'm going to be singing "God Bless America" at the top of my lungs July 4th and Christmas carols on Dec. 24th.

If you're in Friendswood Texas, stop by the local H-E-B Cooking Connection sometime and have fun with me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit