Jehovah's witness doctrine on "only 144,000 are born again" easily debunked!

by yogosans14 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yogosans14
    yogosans14

Hello. These verses in particular were an eye opener for me. Of course in the JWs I thought only 144,000 are truly born again and are part of the new covenant but the bible says else wise. I know most here will disagree with me but try to have a open mind here :)

Romans 10:9New International Version (NIV)

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

So we see here to be saved we have to declare "Jesus is Lord" and believe in our hearts that God really raised him from the dead. Jehovah witnesses teach to be saved you must call on the name of Jehovah even though that name appears no where in the greek text. Also they teach we must work for our salvation but Ephesians 2:8-9 says we are saved by grace through faith not of WORKS (Going door to door) lest any man should boast. Now I'm not saying works aren't important. The bible says that God saved us so we can do good works according to Ephesians 2:10.

now in John 3:5 Jesus said you MUST be born again to get into the kingdom, he didn't say it's possible to enter into the kingdom without being born again and only 144,000 are born again. 1 John 5:1 says:

5 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

So here we see John is saying EVERYONE take not of that, not just 144,000 special JWs but everyone who believes Jesus is The Christ is Born of God (or born again). Anyways you don't have to agree with me but this was a real eye opener hence why I believe JWs are a false religion.

god bless you all.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Don't for get the rest of 1John chapter 5 were it says all who believe In Christ have eternal life and to say other wise is calling god a liar. JW's are calling God a liar!!

Another thing I just remembered, when you pin down the elders on this or any JW they will then just say "well the NT of the bible was written for only the anointed" yep when you have their doctrine completely blown up they use this pathetic excuse. Their so delusional.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Seems pretty straightforward. It's not scriptural rocket science - unless of course you have the JW dot ORG veil over your eyes, in which case, the Bible must be "interpreted" for you by those lovely men over in Brooklyn, New York, U.S.A.!

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Matthew 25:40) To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.

(Mark 3:35) Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother."

(Luke 8:21) In reply he said to them: "My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children.........

(John 15:14) YOU are my friends if YOU do what I am commanding YOU.

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God..........(RSV)

• Splash
    Splash

There's hardly any commentary on 1 John 5:1 in the WT library, but where there is we find some real twisting of logic:

*** w86 7/15 p. 23 par. 12 Always Display Love and Faith ***
    "John next shows what loving God really means. (Read 1 John 5:1-5.) First, the apostle points out that “everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ” (the Messiah, or Jehovah’s Anointed One) “has been born from God,” or been spirit-begotten by Jehovah. Moreover, everyone who loves the Begetter, Jehovah, loves anyone else “born from that one.” Yes, all of God’s anointed children love him and would be expected to love one another. Such brotherly love also is characteristic of the “great crowd” of “other sheep” having earthly hopes."

So it starts by saying what the Bible says, that all believers are anointed, then without any sort of explanation makes some spurious and unrelated distinction between the anointed and the Great Crowd.

In the only other WT which comments on this verse they put everyone in quotation marks so as to make it look non-literal:

*** g74 8/22 p. 28 Must You Be Born Again? ***
    "These things help us to understand the apostle John’s statement about “everyone” believing in Jesus as being born from God. (1 John 5:1)"

This technique of adding spurious quotation marks to change something to being symbolic is not new. They even do this in the Bible at 1 Sam 28:15 where Saul is speaking to "Samuel". There are no quotations in the Hebrew but WT doesn't seem to worry about such minor things if it suits their (current) agenda.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Nothing religious can be proved, zilch, zero, nada, nichts, ingenting.

That's all that needs to be said, TBH.

• Steel
    Steel

I just got back from the memorial and just got that cock and bull story how God picks out his born again.

Then I started to think isn't the whole new testament essentially the story of becoming the new person in Christ?

It's really amazing the amount of dogma they can pull out of the book of revelations with ignoring the rest of the book.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

"After that I saw a huge number, impossible to count, of people from every nation, race, tribe, and language; they were standing in front of the throne and in front of the lamb, dressed in white robes and carrying palms in their hands."

(Rev. 7:9)

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Yesterday at memorial speaker says only few of anointed are present on earth,

I habitually hear "8 000" anointed ... but since 2 or 3 years I hear "we see the end is near because there is only 0.09% of anointed" ...

It seem to me very strange this manner ... they know that there is a problem with the 144 000 but they continue to repeat again and again that there is "few" ... even if they must lie :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit