QUIZ ANSWERS

by thinker 7 Replies latest jw friends

• thinker
    thinker

Give yourself 10 points for each correct answer.

1) True or False. Pastor C.T. Russell was an active Mason during his time as president of the WTBTS.
    A: True.
    Russell was a Knights Templar Free Mason of York Rite, Allegheny Pa.

2) Name the stated purpose for building Beth Sarim, the Witness mansion in California.
    A: The mansion was built to house the biblical figures who would bodily rise from the dead.
    "At San Diego, California, there is a small piece of land, on which, in the year 1929 there was built a house, which is called and known as Beth Sarim. The Hebrew words Beth Sarim mean 'House of the Princes'; and the purpose of acquiring that property and building the house was that there are those on earth today who fully believe in God and Christ Jesus and in His Kingdom, and who believe that the faithful men of old will soon be resurrected by the Lord, be back on earth, and take charge of the visible affairs of earth. The title to Beth Sarim is vested in the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society in trust, to be used by the president of the Society and his assistants for the present, and thereafter to be forever at the disposal of the aforementioned princes on the earth ..

3) What non-scriptural reason was printed in a 1960's Watchtower for refusing blood?
    A: By accepting another's blood, you would take on the personal characteristics of that person.
    "The blood in any person is in reality the person himself.. poisons due to personal living, eating and drinking habits .. The poisons that produce the impulse to commit suicide, murder, or steal are in the blood. Moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression, inferiority complexes, petty crimes - these often follow in the wake of blood transfusion." {WT Sep 1 1961 564}

4) True or False. If you were born and raised as a JW in Mexico, you would not be baptised, you would not belong to a congregation, you would not carry a bible door-to-door, and you would not belong to a religious organization.
    A: True. The Mexico constitution prohibits religious organizations from owning property, so the GB decided to incorporate the mexican branch of the Witnesses as a CULTURAL organization. Rites similar to baptism are called "the symbol", witnesses belong to a "company", no bibles are carried, and no religious organization exists.

5) The GB once concidered changing the 1914 date of Christ's invisible return. What date was considered as a replacement and what eath-shattering event happened in that year?
    A: 1957. The first launch of a man-made object (Sputnik) into outer space.
    The must have shook up the organization considering their stand in 1943:
    *** The Truth Shall Make You Free, p 285, 1943 edition ***
    Man cannot by airplane or rockets or other means get above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe

6) Pastor Russell wrote of Jesus' presence on earth as beginning in what year? (The earliest year, not 1914.)
    A: 1874. "The Scriptures show that the second presence [of the Lord] was due in 1874 .. This proof shows that the Lord has been present since 1874" {WT Mar 1 1923 67}

7) True or False. Prior to Dec. 1972, if your husband was having anal sex with another woman; you did not have grounds for divorce according to GB policy.
    A: True.

8) Who was the main translator for NWT bible?
    A: Fred Franz.

9) True or False. The GB always consults scripture to make policy decisions.
    A: False.

10) What two ailments were once described in a Watchtower as being caused by "worms in the body"?
    A: Appendicitis & Typhoid fever
    "It is known that only about three out of every one hundred operated upon for appendicitis really have a diseased appendix needing removal. We give below a simple cure for appendicitis symptoms. The pain in the appendix region is caused by the biting of worms near the junction of the transverse colon with the small intestines, low down on the right side of the abdomen. This remedy is recommended also for typhoid fever, which is also a worm disease. The medicine is Santonine dose, 3 grains, an hour before breakfast; repeated for four mornings, or until all the symptoms disappear. Then one dose per month for three months to eradicate all germs. This recipe is of INCALCULABLE VALUE. Not only will it save the surgeon's and hospital fees of perhaps $200, but it saves weeks of ill health, inconvenience, convalescence and loss of salary." {ZWT Jan 15 1912 26}

Bonus question: According to the Mayan calendar, when will the world come to an end?
    A: Dec. 23, 2012

SCORING:
    80-100: Consider yourself an apostate
    60-80: Independent thinker with apostate tendencies
    40-60: Independent thinker
    20-40: You're "marked"
    10-20: "Bad Attitude"
    0: Good JW

• RR
    RR

Thinker

Russell was a Knights Templar Free Mason of York Rite, Allegheny Pa.

You realize that this has never been proven, I have read all the so called eveidence and it is all supposition, not a shred of evidence, no pictures, no documents, no membership rosters.

What proof have you got?

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

LOL. I was waiting for that RR.

Path

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Hello RR,

It really is not important whether Charles Taze Russell was a member of any Masonic Lodge. WE need to clarify what the real issue is here. How did Charles Russell have so much insight into Masonry and how was he privy to Masonic concepts held only for sages and adepts in Masonry?

He must have studied it in depth. A review of Russell's sermons showed them to be purely Masonic sermons with just a touch of Christianity.

While Russell, on one occasion stated that he wasn't a Mason, he referred to the Masons as his "BROTHERS in Masonry." He also referred to the International Bible Students as "The highest order of Freemasonry." Therefore, he considered himself a Mason of a higher order and he believed that the International Bible Students were an order of Masonry which had risen above the normal Masonic hierarchy.

This is common and encouraged in Freemasonry, which has spawned many religious orders, such as Rosicrucianism, Mormonism, Christian Science, Wiccanism, the Watchtower Society, and many others.

The Watchtower was founded on Freemasonry beliefs and symbols, including: the watchtower, pyramids and Masonic capstone, cross and crown, rising sun, rose crossed, winged globe of the Egyptian sun god RA, the name Jehovah, concepts of progressive revelation, theocratic warfare, no hell, work salvation, demotion of Jesus, new light, secret orders, and the esoteric language of Freemasonry.

Edited by - SCORPION on 23 December 2000 0:18:17

Edited by - SCORPION on 23 December 2000 0:52:36

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

CONTINUED:

What makes one an atheist? Do you have to become an official member of the "Atheist Society" to be an atheist? NO. One is an atheist because of ones beliefs. Russell is considered by many as a Mason because his belief system was Masonic. Most Masons, even some who have attained the 33rd degree, have no idea what Freemasonry teaches.

But Russell actually believed all that stuff! Some people are more Jehovah's Witnesses than most JW's, and yet they are not baptized. They are not official members of the Watchtower, but are Witnesses in heart, mind, and soul. What can be dangerous is ones belief system, not our membership!

This is truly what matters. Russell's belief system was Masonic. The dozens of pieces of circumstancial evidence, some of which he literally took to his grave, are overwhelming.

It is very difficult to verify membership in secret organizations such as Freemasonry. How do you know that I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses? I challenge you to find any record of my membership or someone who saw me get baptized!

It is my feeling that THE REAL ISSUE IS: Did Russell bring his Masonic beliefs and his Masonic world view into the Watchtower?

Edited by - SCORPION on 23 December 2000 0:46:14

• RR
    RR

Scorpion

He must have studied it in depth. A review of Russell's sermons showed them to be purely Masonic sermons with just a touch of Christianity.

Russell does admit to studying ALLthe religions of the world in searching for truth.

While Russell, on one occasion stated that he wasn't a Mason, he referred to the Masons as his "BROTHERS in Masonry." He also referred to the International Bible Students as "The highest order of Freemasonry." Therefore, he considered himself a Mason of a higher order and he believed that the International Bible Students were an order of Masonry which had risen above the normal Masonic hierarchy

Do you have a quote for me, where he uses these terms?

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• m2u
    m2u

Hi Guy's,

I was invited to become a mason years ago.

I went through their initiation ritual which was very spooky for an ex-JW.

I never finished my 3rd degree because my coach was unable to remember all of the memory work. I was not impressed after a few coaches turned out to be kind of lacking so I dropp'd it.

Kinda like a JW study seeing their study conducter coming out of a brothel type situation.

m2u

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Hello RR,

You asked where Russell used these terms. There are just to many to qoute so I will post you the URL of the 1913 Convention Report of the International Bible Students.

I am amazed you are not aware of this and all the qoutes by Russell as far as his involvement with Masonry. I know as a fact that you have discussed this topic on other Bible Student Forums in length.

Anyway, here is the link.

http://www.exjws.net/museum/masonry.htm

It would be an eye opener for all on this forum to see the facts of Russells deep involvment in Masonry.

Notice on page 123 Russell says: WE Masons try to live up to a high standard... (Russell considered himself a Mason).

page 120 Russell considers the Masons his Masonic Bretheren.

The list goes on.

As I said in the earlier post, it is not membership in a secret organization that is the danger, it is the belief of the individual.

Russell was a Mason in heart, soul and mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit