please fill out this application if you want to be my friend

by rockmehardplace 4 Replies latest jw friends

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

at the KH recently, we had a few people move in from other areas. most of these have been JWs for more than 5 years. some have come in and within a short period of time they were appointed as elders, others as MS, and so on. there was one couple who came in, and they had all the credentials of the perfect JW couple. everyone fell over backwards and treated them like gold. however, there is another couple that moved in around the same time. he was never an elder or ms although he was baptised for the last 10 years minimum. she never pioneered. they both work full time and struggle in just getting to the meetings on time together, although they are very regular in fs and being at the meetings. with the exception of a few of us, no one has done anything or gone out of the way to assist these ones or make friends with them.

i have found that in the past, i would typically look at credentials of those moving in and decide then and there if i was going to be friends or not. i have found that i would sometimes view people as if they were applying for a job.

now, i do not look at that at all. in fact, i tend to shy away from the perfect JW. i think that being here has helped me appreciate people even more for who they are.

have you ever been in this position, either side of it? i just needed to write this since i had this floating in my head for a few days now.

• mouthy
    mouthy

in fact, i tend to shy away from the perfect JW.
    I would say your doing the right thing now.

but to be quite honest I think most JWs looked up to

elders,M.Servants,pioneers,Cuircut S. I did, till I learned
    from many single MUms that they were never invited to
    get togethers,at all those who were revered homes.
    they were "second hand citizens "only good to get to meetings
    door to door work. but not to be tolerated with kids in the "POSH" homes.
    I was begiining to see how LOVING those "at the top" WERE NOT!

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i sometimes type things and then read them back and realize maybe i should have worded differently. i not only did this within the KH but everywhere in my life. when i look at people now, it is not just the perfect JW i shy away from, but anyone who puts on the image of being the perfect individual. i am more cautious if you will.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I remember a circuit overseer who I think was a pretty good guy surprising me and I'm sure others one time when he said that when he had problems such as his car breaking down it was usually the ones that were considered weak in the congregation that went out of their way to help him and his family. I think a lot of times witnesses sacrifice actually being good for looking good in the eyes of the WT. An example could be a witness shows up late for meetings. One time it is because he stopped to helped someone fix a flat tire other time he was helping an elderly family member with something and it took longer than he expected etc. This person would appear to be "not a very good witness" in the eyes of other witnesses but in reality he may be a better person than most of them.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I definitely go out of my way to avoid those "strong in the Truth" and it drives my wife crazy haha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit