Saga ends

by joelingeorgia 4 Replies latest jw friends

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

21 years ago I left the Watchtower and my family and friends physically, but have never been able to really leave them behind emotionally. This

has caused me a number of problems over the years, including depression and anxiety to the point of suicide. At some point, I have realized that

everyone in a situation has power, including me. I think I have been unaware of my power up until now. They are not the only ones who have

the power to shun for whatever particular reason they may choose to do so. I can choose to shun them because they are truly a bad influence

on my life. Only my mother has actually lived faithfully as a Jehovah's Witness all these years and I admire her. She is a kind and loving person

and this is her faith. Its her faith because she wants the world the be a better place. She truly only hopes the best for everyone. I will stay in

touch with her because I truly truly love her. I will shun all others in my family that are witnesses however. It feels good to feel the emotional

ties in my mind melting away.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Have you ever seen a counsellor? It's really tough to go thru the troubles that you describe and having a little help along the way is always a good idea. It certainly helped me!

Just a thought....

Am

• shamus100
    shamus100

Remove cancer from your lives, or it will bring you down. Plain and simple.

If people outside of the Borganization do this, so can you. You can choose better family, believe me.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

No one is worth taking your life. Replace the bad with the good.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

I have replaced them with friends that I love and who care about me. I have a wonderful partner of 21 years.

I laugh and cry with those who are my family now. I foolishly have tried over the years to make things work

with my family and that has taken a heavy toll. For me at least, the answer is to shun them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit