Update on Father In Law's Condition

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Well, my wife chose her way of dealing with things and I chose another one. I called the police officer who had come to see my FIL when I first reported his wife several months ago. He called the social worker from Adult Protective Services after he dropped in on her to express his concern for my FIL and to make sure all care is given to him.

My wife chose to call all of her aunts and uncles and tell them that she said she was refusing to help him or do anything for him because she wants him in an old folks home. Well they came unglued. Two drove from Santa Cruz and San Jose to make sure dad is being cared for. They also had a nice chat with the bitch of the year and judging from her limp she understands the family's wishes.

All we need to do now is deal with uncle Wine-O. Apparently the committee on the coast called the elders in the valley and he is going to be dealt with. Just in case though, dad's youngest brother (disassociated) is driving out from Hollister to explain how you don't leave an injured person to suffer and not even summon an ambulance.....I wish I could get some advance notice on tio's arrival. I would pay $200 to see that fight!

Again we offered for him to stay with us until he is well but he insists on staying home. So we go over several times a day to make shure he is turned and that he has everything. He is too weak to even read right now so I read to him from the Bible. He asked me to read him the WT for July but I had "forgotten" my glasses and could only read from the large print Bible.....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Lorenzo....You both did the right things!

Kudos for standing up for someone who was not able to.

This is love and justice in action. No waiting on Jehovah. We have to take matters into our own hands and be responsible to make changes and get things done!

Kudos to both you and your wife!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good for you! If she's so dead set against taking care of her husband, why doesn't she move out of the house? BITCH!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

"why doesn't she move out of the house?"

Because she is a mercenary type. When my FIL went to help construct a quick-build hall she saw him pull up in this huge and gorgeous car and she saw $$$$$. She found out he was divorced as was she but his kids were all gone and hers were still with her. So she forced a friend to introduce them. She really poured on the charm and hooked him. All the time they dated it was honey this and sweetie that and smoochie smoochie woochie.

Then they got married.

Within the month there was no more kissing and her wifely charms that were so much on display during the courtship were reduced to what he says appeared to be a chore to be avoided. When he asked why she got so cold, if he had offended her she said no. She said that she had married him because he had the most money in the circuit as available men went and she needed him to provide for her kids. He said he would be a great father and that a good father is also a good husband. But she had let the cat out of the bag.

So, he retired from his job 20 years later with a stocked up bank account and a hefty pension. They have a nice house on an acre of land. He has become very ill over time and with the ecomnomy as it is and health care so high (even with insurance) he has depleted his bank account. What was funny was when she told him to hurry up and die she assumed his bank account was flush with cash.....Now she's worried because she can afford the house payment but without his income she cannot pay the insurance or property taxes which amount to about $6500 every six months.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit