When a Loved One is Dying----And You Are Not Allowed to See Them

by cameo-d 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I have seen this problem come up so many times among ex-JWs.

There should be some way to set a legal precedence to stop this injustice.

I am wondering if there is a way to get a third party involved to resolve this travesty.

If a loved one is no longer in control of their own life, due to illness and confinement, and members who are taking charge deny you the right to see a loved one, and you know that person would like to see you.....couldn't it be called false imprisonment?

I know that most JWs will take their lumps and walk away so as not to create a scene at a delicate time and upset their loved one. Perhaps this is noble on their part. But how do you know that the loved one is not grieving because of their captors not allowing them this basic human right of seeing whomever they would be comforted in seeing?

How do you know that your loved one has not been asking for you? How do you know that your loved ones captors are not lying to them telling them that you do not care and have not come around or inquired? How do you know that your loved one is not being hurt over this, too?

Who would be the party to take this problem to? Law enforcement, social workers, elder abuse services?

By attempting to do something about this kind of injustice, I think it would be a testimony to the rest of the world as to the damaging practices of this cult.

If more people are willing to stand up and fight this injustice instead of just walking away from it, then perhaps something can eventually be established legally for everyone so that it can become law rather than just an individual struggle.

Any ideas?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

At present the Cult has lost its "clergy" privilege in cases of child abuse and murder. But only because they have been dragged through the courts.

Once the basic right of protection from bullying and harrassment is recognised as something above and beyond the religions claim to freedom of religion, this right too will be given the support of the courts.

HB

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

HB: "Once the basic right of protection from bullying and harrassment is recognised as something above and beyond the religions claim to freedom of religion, this right too will be given the support of the courts."

And when the UN finally brings about the "appearance" of a dissolution of religious bullying.....is that when everyone will give loyalty to the new beast government in gratitude?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit