Update

by sweetone2377 2 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Ok, we broke the news to my grandparents today. My grandfather is in agreement with me and dh. My grandmother said "Well, just don't bring them down here anymore" How mature is that? She doesn't want us to tell my mother. She thinks that we should just ignore our "religion" and let it be. But that is NOT going to happen. Not in this lifetime anyhow. We haven't met with my mother as of yet. I think that we should. DH is hessitant. We're not leaving untill Saturday so, we'll see what evolves.

URl of original post containing more details about the reason we need to have this little meeting : http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=17627&site=3

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Oh I also found out today that my stepfather was made an elder recently. Before I could stop and think of a more "positive" reaction I was laughing and said , "Boy they'll make anyone an elder" I must say I got a pretty evil look from my grandmother and dh was sitting there trying not to laugh out loud and was giving me this "shut up" look. It was then that I realized just exactly what I had said. HAHA!!

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• JBean
    JBean

Shelly... I'm glad to see you're keeping a positive attitude (laughter always helps!) : ) I say tell your mom... while the ball is rolling. If you pass up this opportunity you may never get up the guts to do it again. Peace... Jbean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit