Sad for family that is still JW

by mindmelda 1 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I talked to my parents and brother yesterday and it made me so sad. They're still drinking that KOOLAID.

But, then my brother started telling off color homophobic jokes and my mom was laughing at him. They have such contempt for anyone who the WTS tells them to hate!

I guess I'll just keep praying for them. I tried a bit of subtle deprogramming on my dad, who I think is less brainwashed, and he just said, "I don't understand what you're saying. It makes no sense"

Like I hit a tsunami wave of Watchtower KOOLAID. *sigh* "Everyone else is evil, can't you see it's the end of the world, read the Watchtower, you're going to die and your kids too. blah blah."

Will they ever have their eyes opened? Am I wanting it just for my own sake? I think so. At 72, it will probably kill them if their false hopes were taken from them.

Still, it makes me sad. I just need not to talk about certain things with them, I guess.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes it's tough. The homophobia in particular drives me mad too. It's like their daily hate session.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit