God, then Family, then Congregation...

by Almost_Did_It 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Almost_Did_It
    Almost_Did_It

First I need to say that reading and being part of this online community is addicting... I keep telling myself to not read anything here because it just brings that bad taste back in my mouth... I tell myself that if I don't read the posts and occassionally post myself, that I will slowly start to forget everything I know or have learned about JWs... but I can't seem to stay away long enough to have that happen... am I nuts, or what?

Anyway, one thing I have been thinking a lot about is something my study conductor used to say to me... that JWs always, always put Jehovah first, then they concentrate next on family, and, lastly, on the congregation... If all that is true, then why not just leave the rest of us alone... If your priorities are in this order, and the general population isn't even mentioned, then why chase us down, knocking on our doors trying to evangelize to us if you only care about the three things mentioned above... seems somewhat hypocritical to me...

You say you care about me but I am not one of the top three choices! And then you talk about family being your second priority but in a second you are ready to cut ties and not speak to them if elders in the congregation determine that they are a "bad association." It's hypocritical... plain and simple... Where does Jesus do that in the Bible... my God, he would have been disfellowshipped in a minute saying things like, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" to save someone from death... or speak to the Samaritan woman at the well (wouldn't that be a bad association), or dealing with lepers and others who have been ostracized by the rest of the community...

How can they say they are spreading love and believe only in love and then restrict it to say that it only holds meaning if you are in the congregation... Did Jesus say he would only love people if they abandoned their families and followed him around Galillee? No... he did not...

So hypocritical.... and so pissed that I fell for it...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Anyway, one thing I have been thinking a lot about is something my study conductor used to say to me... that JWs always, always put Jehovah first

Unfortunately, what putting Jehovah first really amounts to is blind obedience to the JWs governing body along with the rest of the internal government from there on down. They disobey the real Jehovah, because the obey a false Jehovah in Brooklyn.

BTS

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Basically, to understand the Watchtower's twisted teachings, one needs to decipher precisely what their teachings REALLY mean:

Jehovah first = Watchtower Bible and Crap Society first

Family second = Only IF they obey the Watchtower Bible and Crap Society

Others third = IF they take the literature, study or believe the society's short-circuited-ever-blinking "spiritual light."

So...

if the Jdubs would just ponder for a moment: Christ is supposed to be the Exemplar and

When exactly did Jesus ever refuse to talk to or associate with anybody??

He even spoke to Mary Magdalene, tax collectors and the devil.

YC

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    First I need to say that reading and being part of this online community is addicting... I keep telling myself to not read anything here because it just brings that bad taste back in my mouth... I tell myself that if I don't read the posts and occassionally post myself, that I will slowly start to forget everything I know or have learned about JWs... but I can't seem to stay away long enough to have that happen... am I nuts, or what?

It's been my experience that getting that bad taste in your mouth is necessary for recovery. And since being in a cult is detrimental to one's psyche, it's unlikely that a person will ever truly forget what it's like to be a jw. And no, you're not nuts.

This board helped me to heal, and now I feel an obligation to help others who are walking in my sad footsteps. Keep reading and posting. You'll never find a funnier, smarter group of people on line or in real life. I am grateful to them. Welcome to the jungle!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They care only about Jehovah (that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag), the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, and the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery that the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger are running. They do not give a f*** about family, individuals, Jesus (certainly not the Jesus that wanted people to be self-leaders), or personal happiness. And they do not give a f*** about children, which are merely distractions from field circus.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

<<<<<they obey a false jehovah in brooklyn

You have a point there. Just because the self appointed "governing body" says something there's blind obedience.

Also, regarding children, I remember seeing the little kids going reluctantly out in all kinds of weather on a Saturday morning and I used to think: Those children should be at home watching cartoons.

YC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit