Personal details held at Branch level.

by JWFreak 8 Replies latest jw friends

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

I found it so interesting to see what information is held about you at the branch office, if you are or were an appointed man.

For instance

Name, address, Date of birth, date of baptism, all dates where you have been an elder, ms etc, all the congs you have been appointed in. S2 forms, letters of introduction scanned and available to read

Whether you have been on a JC involving the S77 forms, appeal commitees etc. all the documents, summary letters, etc are all scanned and available in your data file.

If you have given District talks, your ratings (D- to A+) on how good a speaker you are, your ratings, your if you have overseen a department, or been on a District committee etc.

Any letter you have sent into the branch, and any reply all come up in a data search, no matter how old.

In some European countries you can only donate by cheque, these donations are in your file.

If you have applied for Gilead, MTS, Bethel, Construction etc, all the forms even from many years ago are scanned.

You may be 50 years old and have had some judicial trouble in your teens....yep in your data file.

And now with the elder login facility to the society servers, they can check by the cookies what websites you visited before logging in giving them your ID and passwords.

These are the ones I know about, there may be more, however these only apply to those who are or were appointed or brought to the societys attention.

JWF

The new

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

How do you know this?

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Hi Loubelle

I have had my grubby hands on Branch computers a number of times over the past few years. I am not willing to say how though

JWF

• Priest73
    Priest73
    And now with the elder login facility to the society servers, they can check by the cookies what websites you visited before logging in giving them your ID and passwords.

Can you please edit this to make sense?

• Waffles
    Waffles

What doesn't make sense about that sentence? L2comprehend

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Interesting.

I wonder if its the same in the UK due to the data protection act. I recall we stopped using the house to house records the S8 when that came in as we were recording information about householders.

Although, after listening to some of the rubbish over the years I wonder why on earth they would mark speakers! Only proves its an old boys network when it comes to getting items.

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Yes it is the same in the UK. All JW's sign the pub record card to say they don't mind info being held about them.

That arrangement started in the mid 90's

• Borgia
    Borgia

If what you say is correct, than by all means they will have to provide you with a detailed summary of what they have on file on you ...for a certain purpose.................

Depending on the jurisdiction you are in......that purpose may be illegal.......

Perhaps time to revoke their right to register all that info.

Cheers

Borgia

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

JWF you are "Genial"! Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit