Past keeper comments from JW discussion Form

by Leprechaun 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

I liked this one so much I have kept it for about eight years on my wall, I found it on the olld format of Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum.

I don't know who wrote this, only I found it on the forum years ago, he or she was on the ball:

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." - Nigerian saying.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
    the difference.

Theologically, Jehovah’s Witnesses are a family hurtful cult of Christianity. The oppressive organization does not represent logical historical facts, sociologically; it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths.

I understand the dictionary definition of an "apostate" and I suppose that definition fits me. However, I have my own definition, which makes me more comfortable as it does not fit me. I (and it is my opinion that is important to me) apply the term apostate to those that have knowingly bent and twisted the word of the God in the Bible to their own advantage. Using my definition makes the WTS an apostate organization (one of many). I don't like apostates and this means that I don't like the WTS.

I never did enjoy being judgmental that rules their rules are supreme - elder, pioneer, ms, co, do, governing body, weak, strong, active, inactive, in the truth, worldly, pagan, on and on. Every label gave you a mental picture of how to treat, love, hate, ignore or otherwise judge the person on the receiving end of that label. Apostate is a simple term - it means to leave basically - but they have made us a mental image of 'evil slave' - having God and his people excreta.

Hard to get over those mental pictures for most I think -

By the way I am a real 'apostate' - a good one - most witnesses would like to be as good as a lot of these 'apostates' are on this site.- but if u think about it didn't the WTS 'label' everything? It was really part of the “New Light,” if it were from Jehovah, it would have been right in the first place, and would not need updating. So what is current light now may very well be old light next year, and at times it has. Why would Jehovah give them the wrong understanding to start with?

That is the stuff that always bothered me so that is what I bring up. Of course now I know it was all a fairly tale anyhow."

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I wonder how many of us have a keeper on our wall?

I wrote down a couple of Poppers comments that were very short, insightful and spiritual and had them taped to the side of my monitor for a long time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit