God works in "mysterious ways".....he hides from us so why have faith?

by Witness 007 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If there was a "God" why wouldn't he just reveal himself as he did to Moses and the Isrealites? Why hide in the clouds? If he came out and said: "Listen folks, I'm Jehovah and I want you all to worship me....yes the Witnesses have the truth {} .........so no more nonsense!" instead he allows Tsnami's to kill 250,000.....storms in Burma to kill 200,000...and he just hides in the clouds waiting for us to adore him!

• reniaa
    reniaa

Good question witness 007 and an old one.

Job 2:9-10 (New International Version)

9 His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!"

10 He replied, "You are talking like a foolish [ a ] woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"
    In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So God destroys people and like Job we should say Gee thanks.....the story of Job was invented to blame Satan and try to justify suffering in God's universe.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The bible god is very temperamental, you can pray to him about finding your keys, winning a football game, or making it to the kingdumb hall on time and he will answer your prayers about 50% of the time.

But the big things like ending starvation, stopping a killers storm, and ending war,, he's not listening. Instead he requires faith that someday soon in the very near future he will,, but those who lack faith in his magnificents will be faced with complete and utter destruction for their unbelief regardless any valid excuses they may have.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am supposed to have faith that Jehovah is going to do good things in my life, and until I do, He is going to block any such things from ever happening. And, then the faith will have to be tested for an indefinite period by having the good things continue to be blocked out. And then it will have to be retested just in case that test damaged it, again by blocking the good from my life.

Sure sounds like that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag actually wants me all to Himself, and wants to get my hands dirty on starting His Second Dark Ages. And, once I have successfully started the Second Dark Ages for Him, so long as those good things do not come to me, what happens to me afterward is unimportant to Him. So much for a loving God.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    why wouldn't he just reveal himself as he did to Moses and the Isrealites?

Maybe Moses was just plain crazy. Has anyone ever considered that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit