Telly Addicts

by Rosey 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Rosey
    Rosey

Since leaving the borg I have becom a total telly addict......we have a tv in the living room, the bedroom and one in the office and at least one of those is on throughout the day......it doesn't stop me doing things.......it's more like background sometimes but I do find that I watch a lot more than anyone else I know.

Now I'm not interested in soaps at all........I do however like series and films and although I actually hate it I will be addicted to bb now that it is on.

Once I find a series I like I watch it "religiously" (haha) from beginning to end.....

such as........star trek voyager, stargate sg-1, stargate atlantis, medium, supernatural, grey's anatomy, ghost whisperer, 24, west wing, chuck, csi (all 3), criminal minds, big bang theory, curb your enthusiasm, ER, desperate housewives, lost, nip/tuck, house, deadliest catch, brothers and sisters, .................I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

The thing is I make no apologies for watching so much telly......I love it after having times when I was young when my parents would put the tv away for weeks to try and encourage us to study more and spend more time playing games.....

how much telly do you watch........what do you watch and why?

Rose x

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

We bought a nice big LCD TV last year, but we hardly watch it. I've conditioned myself over the past few years to get my entertainment from the 'net and Bittorrent.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

I think we watch the same amount now as when we were in the borg. When in though we watched because we were depressed and couldn't drag ourselves around to do much more. Now we watch what we are interested in. Mostly history channel, discovery, animal planet & PBS.Occassionally an old movie or newer one we wouldn't have rented. I look forward to britsh comedy on Sat.night on PBS if we aren't out or have company. My kids choices dominate evening tv hours, If I get a moment to put my feet up it's earlier or weekends & I choose CSI Las Vegas or NCIS reruns.

I am about to block the disney channel, I don't think I can take another summer of it.

BF

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I barely watch tv at all anymore...Sometimes Jay leno when I get home from work, the very odd movie on the weekend.

I started doing more reading and listening to music.

h4o

• John Doe
    John Doe

No television at all. I do watch an occasional movie--averageing one or so per week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit