Radical Acceptance

by MsBHaving 3 Replies latest jw friends

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

anyone have any thoughts on this concept.

Radical Acceptance practice allows us to unearth the very root causes of so much of our emotional angst and suffering.

Radical Acceptance is a way of saying yes to each and every moment mindfully. If we can radically accept that we won’t always be accepted or liked by others and that life is full of challenges, for example, we can clear the pathway from the power of rejection and negative experience and/or thoughts and how we may have experienced them as severing our belonging. We can then make way for much more positive thoughts and feelings. Rejection or any other defined negative experience only has the power that we continue to give it. Radical Acceptance, in essence frees us up emotionally in reassuring ways that allow us to take back our personal power, or to not give it away to circumstance and whim anymore.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Radical Acceptance has some roots in Buddhism. I find it to be just another label for long standing advice to face reality, and roll with the punches. An interesting web site for radical Acceptance is: http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/html/radical_acceptance.html

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

Thanks I will check that out... oh god! I don't want to to deal with any religion though... had enough of that

• Amazing
    Amazing

Buddhism is more of an old philosophy of living life than a religion as we know it in the west. It was founded by Siddhartha Gautama circa 425 BC. He later became known as the Buddha. Many universities now teach courses in eastern religions as part of the 'rounding out' process, especially in business courses because of globalization. I find that Buddhism is a good philosophy, and can mesh on many levels with Christianity ... though on specifics regarding God and salvation, Buddhism is not entirely compatible. George Lucas follows Buddhist teachings, and mixed a lot of it into his movie series, Star Wars. While it is technically a religion, it is more about humanity than God ... more of a philosophy than a code of cannon beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit