Why does WT likes so much to use Ancient Israel?Do they really follow that?

by JustHuman14 3 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

We all know the obsescion of the WT using Israel. God's people did this and that so we are the new "chosen"ones like Isreal and we follow the same example.

Here are some things that the Old Israel was doing and the WT does not:

1.Circumciscion, from the 8th day of the child. It was an obligation to do that for an Israelite, but JW's accuse the rest of Christian religions that they have infant baptism. It was obvious that God wanted them to pass their faith, even though the child at the end wouldn't follow.

2.Clergy class. There was a clergy class in Israel and they were getting paid!!!But WT accuses other Christians religions the same thing that they accept for Israel!!!

3. Israel had army to protect their land from enemies. Again they accept that but they condemn others for doing that.

I just wrote e few points here and I'm waiting your comments on that. Also the WT says that they are not like the rest of us since they are moral and keep their congregation clean.

But here we have another major issue. God gave many laws to Israel, that included fornication, adultery, sex with animals, stealing, lying. So if the "chosen"people of God, the Israelites were facing exactly the same problems like the rest of the surrounding nations what makes then JW's so different from the others?

JustHUMAN14 formerly known justhuman

• Amazing
    Amazing

Just,

There are a number of reasons that various denominations look to Israel for insight and help in determining what is done under Christianity. The old Law was fulfilled by Jesus death, and Christians are not bound by it. But, the premise, example, and aspects of the faith that are not governed by the law are still useful and valid to consider. Unfortunately, the Watchtower Society uses Israel when it is convenient, and discards Israel when it is not convenient.

To your points:

1. Circumcision was abolished for Christians as a requirement ... the Book of Acts specifically dealt with this issue. On this, the JWs are correct.

2. Israel did not have a paid 'clergy' in the same manner as we have today. The JWs have a paid 'clergy' but it starts at the CO level and goes up from there. They simply do not have paid local clergy. In Israel, the Priests and High Priest worked full time at the temple, and were compensated for their work. There is nothing dishonorable in either system ... volunteer or paid. It is the JW organization that makes an issue of something that is not an issue. They do it to make themselves look good in their own eyes.

3. Israel had an army because Israel was a nation among nations. Christians are not a nation, and live in all different countries. The closest is Vatican City, which is a recognized nation ... the seat of Catholicism ... and it has a military called the Swiss Guard. The Pope is head of state. So, if the Watchtower were to build its own city in an area where it was allowed to become a nation, it would likely have some means of police or military protection.

The security boys at Bethel used to carry firearms to protect Watchtower assets ... until one day one of the boys misfired his gun and shot up a giant roll of printing paper ... then the guns went out. The Watchtower is no different than anyone else ... they just talk a good game ... its all just quack-quack, talk-talk.

The Watchtower believes that they are different because they are now the bearers of the torch passed down in the long line-up of the spiritual race that makes them the chosen ones ... first Israel (they lost it), then the early Christians (they lost it) and then various little groups (not proven, but they failed to mature), then Chuck Russell (and he died) and then it was Rutherford (he died), and then the Governing Body. They are, of course, full of bovine excrement; but hey, they are not the first to fancy themselves this way, and will not be the last.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I know many people (and I agree with this thought) who think that the WTBS is an Old Testament religion. The emphasis on the divine name, the reduction of the role of Jesus, the elevation of a man directed organization, emphasis on salvation by works rather than Grace; all point to an underpinning in the OT. This is a major reason why many main stream Christians don't think they're Christians.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

It amazes me that more JWs haven't seen the heresy first hand regarding the WT "spiritual Israel" replacement theology Supersessionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romans 11:1-2 (New International Version)

Romans 11
    The Remnant of Israel
    1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew.
    Romans 11:11 (New International Version)

Ingrafted Branches
    11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all!
    Romans 11:25-27 (New International Version)

All Israel Will Be Saved
    25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
    "The deliverer will come from Zion;
    he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
    27 And this is my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins." All the best, Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit