Is JW's working for an apostate the same as making military weapons?

by Quirky1 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just a thought I've been pondering. Should a JW knowingly work or be employed by a full blown apostate whether they are just inactive, DF or DA. I would think this would be the same as bad association, the manufacture of weapons or selling cigarettes.

Shouldn't their god driven conscience kick in here. It's been expressed from the platform not to even be around apostates, DF or DA people. It's even been said you shouldn't have jeopardizing employment.

Your thoughts?

• blondie
    blondie

*** w81 9/15 p. 24 par. 20 Disfellowshiping—How to View It ***Other problems arise in connection with business or employment. What if you were employed by a man who now was expelled by the congregation, or you employed a person to whom that happened? What then? If you were contractually or financially obliged to continue the business relationship for the present, you certainly would now have a different attitude toward the disfellowshiped individual. Discussion of business matters with him or contact on the job might be necessary, but spiritual discussions and social fellowship would be things of the past. In that way you could demonstrate your obedience to God and have a protective barrier for yourself. Also, this might impress on him how much his sin has cost him in various ways.—2 Cor. 6:14, 17.

I wonder how long that contract could last? What does "financially obliged" mean?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

"Financially Obliged", Good thought Blondie. I am refering to individuals that are apostate JW's that employ JW's and the JW employees treat the employer as such.

• Waffles
    Waffles

I know of a few Witnesses that worked for an apostate former elder in NY. Not sure what reasoning they used to stay at their jobs, but they did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit