West Palm Beach TV - JW's: The End Is Near

by frozen one 4 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen one
    frozen one

The conventions must be kicking off in West Palm Beach this weekend. A TV station did a little piece on it. Be sure to watch the video in the upper right hand corner.

http://www.wptv.com/mostpopular/story/Jehovahs-Witnesses-prepare-believers-for-the-end/HO63h5Z-q0akZMfqhmRWvw.cspx

• hubert
    hubert

I almost fell over laughing when he used the phrase "AT HAND" . How many brochures thru the decades did they use that phrase? Can't they ever think of anything new to say? Ha, ha!

I knew sooner or later they'd try to set a date for the end and especially with the times as they are now, looks like this is it. Here we go again.....again.....again.

Hubert

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I just emailed the journalist with the following (sorry for poor formatting):

Hi Eric,

I just caught your article with the statement from one of Jehovah's Witnesses -- that "No one knows the day or the hour," says Telfair, "but we know we're in the last days of this system of things."

I just checked my archived copy (text only - not a scan) of the very first issue of their Watchtower magazine (called Zion's Watch Tower). Here's a copy of the text where you will find that expression "last days" as being part of their charter. It was like their mission statement 130 years ago.

Len Miller

page 1

ZION'S WATCH TOWER AND

HERALD OF CHRIST'S PRESENCE.

==========

"Watchman, What of the Night?"

"The Morning Cometh."--Isa. 21:11.

==========

VOL. I. PITTSBURGH, PA., JULY, 1879. NO. 1.

==========

ZION'S Watch Tower AND HERALD OF CHRIST'S PRESENCE.

----------

PUBLISHED MONTHLY. 101 Fifth Ave., PITTSBURGH, PA.

----------

C. T. RUSSELL, Editor and Publisher.

----------

REGULAR CONTRIBUTORS. J. H. PATON, . . . . ALMONT, MICH. W. I.

MANN, . . . . ALLEGHENY, PA. B. W. KEITH, . . . .DANSVILLE, N.Y. H.

B. RICE, . . . W. OAKLAND, CAL. A. D. JONES, . . . .PITTSBURGH, PA.

----------

In no case will the Editor be responsible for all sentiments expressed by

correspondents, nor is he to be understood as indorsing every expression in

articles selected from other periodicals.

----------

TERMS, 50 CENTS PER YEAR, In Advance--includes postage.

----------

All communications should be addressed to "ZION'S WATCH TOWER," as

above, and drafts, money orders, etc., made payable to the Editor.

==========

R3 : page 1

PROSPECTUS.

This is the first number of the first volume of "ZION'S WATCH TOWER," and it may

not be amiss to state the object of its publication.

That we are living "in the last days"--"The day of the Lord"-- "the end" of the Gospel

age, and consequently, in the dawn of the "new" age, are facts not only discernable by

the close student of the Word, led by the spirit, but the outward signs recognizable by

the world hear the same testimony, and we are desirous that the "household of faith" be

fully awake to the fact, that ...

• oompa
    oompa

i really love that article.....but though i wish my dub fam and friends would see it for what it is....they would prob just all be glowing over it......barf.....oompa

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

My coworkers ALL saw this and it was a constant joke in my office. The quotes were:

Quick run up the credit cards!

Go on vacation!

Quit your job!

And the best one...." How long have they been saying this?"

Of course all at my expense, as they knew my wife and kids were their. Still I was laughing with them and giving them more accurate info in which they all were saying "cult, cult".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit