untitled

by rbrkn1016 6 Replies latest jw friends

• rbrkn1016
    rbrkn1016

Hi All,

This is my first time posting and even visiting the site - there have been some great reads so far, some real life changing stories. I could not help but notice that there seems to be a larger number of heartfelt stories about growing up gay amongst males. What about lesbians, in my overall internet search i have only found a handful of stories. Are "women loving women" in the JW community rare? ...Sometimes i feel like i'm only one of the few out there.

• sir82
    sir82

As with male homosexuality, 99% of lesbian JWs are fully "in the closet".

I know of 2, 1 in my current congregation and married, one was there but is now "next door" in a different congregation but in the same Kingdom Hall.

There are a few more I have my suspicions about, but of course conversations regarding "so, Sister X, how was your day in field service? What did you think of the assembly? Oh by the way, what is your sexual orientation?" are rather awkward.

In the male-centric JW world, "homosexuality", as with "masturbation", is almost exclusively thought to be the domain of males. I can't think of any articles ever written specifically dealing with "lesbianism".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome to JWN! Please don't let the lack of lesbianism on this board stop you from telling your story. We all really have the same story anyway. We were rejected by the WB&TS, or we rejected it, because it could not accept us as we are.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Welcome to the board!

• rbrkn1016
    rbrkn1016

*Sir82 - Your statement"but of course conversations regarding "so, Sister X, how was your day in field service? What did you think of the assembly? Oh by the way, what is your sexual orientation?" are rather awkward." is funny...but true. Can't say i have not been extremely tempted to go there with a few sisters i know. I've noticed the ones that talk a great deal about how incorrect and disgusting lesbianism is - are usually the ones that have something to hide. BTW: I have had to put myself back in the closet so i have become one of the 99%.

*Jamie - Thank you for your kind welcoming. My story is long and still very heartwrenching for me- and i am technically still living it - i have not had the courage to leave the Org. and don't know if i ever will. There are so many things i no longer agree with, but still so many things keeping me there.

rb

• BloominMarvellous
    BloominMarvellous

Hiya

Last month I told my female Bible Study Conductor that I was in love with her. She went a bit quiet and told the elders.

The elders had a meeting with me, asking me if I had ever slept with a woman etc... They love the details dont they.

Anyway off to the meeting tonight where they are going to announce me as no longer an unbaptised publisher!!!

Its all good fun aint it x

• rbrkn1016
    rbrkn1016

*Bloomin - I am very sorry to hear you will be going through that tonight - hang in there. You are right to say the elders thrive on the details - i see them as pervy little men that do who knows what with the information they are told. From my judicial experience they even took notes - to this day i wonder what exactly they wrote down. I've considered making them dissapear from their records but i am still working on the plans. When they talk to you in those situations they revelle in making you feel like the dirtiest most sinfulhuman on the face of the earth. They should really look at themselves - they are pitiful.

rb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit