Afraid to NOT shun???

by cognac 5 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I've often thought about this. What if some know the BORG is full of crap but stay in for family. Then, they run into a d'fed person and they want to embrase them but are afraid to do anything else but shun them because they are afraid the d'fed person will run to the elders and rat them out...

What are your thoughts on this?

• musky
    musky

"they want to embrase them "

I never felt that caring about someone was a bad thing. If they run to the elders then, whatever!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Yes, I have an aunt that has been DF'ed for about 30 yrs. She is older now and lives near, I would love to reconnect (I have always spoken to her at funerals and such). There is a problem though, she still comes to the memorial and goes on to witness family that she knows she needs to come back, it's the best way of life blah blah. She never tries to come back long enough to get reinstated and seems perfectly happy. However, if I spoke to her honestly I think she would go off running to my witness family about my crazy apostate thoughts. So right now, I leave well enough alone. You really do feel as if you are in no man's land sometimes.

• nbernat
    nbernat

I would turn on them if they ratted me out, or make it seem as though I hadn't realized they were still DFed.

• nbernat
    nbernat

But I think a small grin and whisper is usually enough....not a full-on hug. ;)

• nbernat
    nbernat

I never shun. I always grin. A sister who was recently reinstated looks at my as if I'm unspiritual since I'd always say "excuse me" to her if she was in my way or smile at her or acknowledge her presence...the IRONY!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit