Hi all, I'm back...and it's DC time - Damn!

by kzjw 5 Replies latest jw friends

• kzjw
    kzjw

Been almost 8 months since posting...peeked a little -- but I was becoming consumed by the big "W". My wife's the JW, but I hold the hatetred! I had to back away...Since then I've managed to remove old publications(she stores them now), I'm an opposer now, so I've not really had any elder contact, she's still doing BS & FS, but not much talk. So we're 7 days out from the DC & I'm getting agitated because of a January layoff! Part of me says, "Great, there goes $$ to the WTBS & we are under-employed!" (but okay). I think I just wanna ask the married folk -

"Are we who 'know better' than to trust the WT so far ahead of our jw partners that we're also causing the failure of our relationship?"

Is there such a thing as TMI? I know she simply pulled back emotionally and believes the "earthly husband" conspiracy crap is full blast in her congo, but damn! I know the woman is smart, so when will hit her?

Just wanted to vent...Shouts out to Awakened, Sarah Smiles, Billy, Mary and all...

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Sounds like it has been a little tough these last 8 months...

All I can say is that relationships do go through a change when one is out and the other

does not follow. The only thing I can say is to keep doing fun things together so she does not feel she is

losing you there along with the witness she once knew.

hope4others

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

It is hard to live in a situation where you feel alone all the time. Try doing it for about 38 years. I did attend the hall from 1974 to 1983. Walked out and never went back. Money is very tight for many people, but they sure can suck it out of you. We are on a fixed income, but my husband's contribution has never changed. The same amount every year. The organizaion is her husband, just as it is my husband's wife. That is all they live for, meetings, service and study. You might want to ask your wife to look at page 221 on the new book they are studying. It talks about spiritual endagerment. It say that if they feel they are in spiritual danger they can get a legal seperation. I know the Bible says if you cannot live in peace to seperate, but now they put the word LEGAL in front of it. If these women leave their husbands, who is going to support them? The welfare system???????????? Who will pay their legal fees???? Believe me DC these people have sucked the brains out of both of our mates. I told my husband two years ago that soon they will get rid of all mates who do not believe. Well it looks like that is what is happening. Don't remove her books and magazines. You are just adding fuel to the fire, or this may be part of the spiritual endagerment.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I will pray for you to get some relief. It is never good to be in such a stresful situation....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Funny, they don't have money for a record (let alone paying their bills), yet they have the same amount to put in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• Borgia
    Borgia

KZJW: You asked: "Are we who 'know better' than to trust the WT so far ahead of our jw partners that we're also causing the failure of our relationship?"

I think it is true that the relationship changes. Whether or not you both walk along together is a question of how much she is willing to accept in terms of doing things alone, whether you both have plenty of other things to share. Chances are there is not very much that ties you both together other than the JW-truth. That goes a long way if you stay within the boundaries of the JW-truth. As soon as you step outside of those boundaries.....you start living a different life.....

But I would not go as far as to say we "know-betters" cause the failure......I regard it as an sum of several things.....it takes two to tango.

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit