some help needed with my wife

by wantarevolution 3 Replies latest jw friends

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

I need some help anti witnessing. She is "on the fence" as it were, I am well on the side , at least mentally. How do I slowly but surely nudge her off the fence?

I am through and looking for a way out, but i want the two of us to do it together

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

She will come along when she is ready, it all takes time and we all go through different phases. For myself I at first refused to listen but the subtle

comments over time, well just one day things clicked and then I wanted to know more.

http://www.freeminds.org/psychology/mind-control/mind-control-or-brainwashing.html

Any exposure whatever to literature about mind control methods or experiences of others from various mind control cults may spark new or resurfaced doubts in the Witness mind. The goal is to help them see clearly that the Watchtower is no different than hundreds of other religious organizations that use the very same phobias, promises and mind control methods to seduce and retain their members.

hope4others

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Give it time. If you try to rush things it may set things back. Gradually try to desensitize her to the "apostate" phobia. Humor can be a good tool to use.

• bohm
    bohm

Hey! (sorry if this answer seem very basic - i dont know how much you have read :-) )

First off, your wife has been under mind control for long time - she is not completely rational with respect to the religion. I would very much recommend you first read litterature such as Stephen Hassans "Releasing the Bonds" to understand how that work, what the signs are, and what can be done. Then you need to "know your shit" about WT... Crisis of Consciousnes is a must here, because you will be able to demystify the Board and the faitfull and discrete slave.
    After this, i would also recommend you to read up on the historical background. There is a lot of good information out there, but the best book i have read is "Apocalypse Delayed"; the author is a historian and has been in jehovas witnesses for very long time.
    It is not as "sensational" as much other litterature, but i think that just make the punches that more effective: it is very, very difficult to find good counterarguments.

Now, simply ask her why she believe... why she think they are right. Talk about spiritual things.Talk about mindcontrol... you have to be carefull(the book will tell you how to do it), and search the net for information on how to apply it to JW (the book is general, which IMHO is a *good* thing!). Choose your battles wisely. In my experience its not good to talk about the NWT, because well, none of you really know enough greek anyway, or the cross/stake for the same reason. Besides, these things are not so important when you think about it!. If she is technically minded, read critisism on "Life - how did it get here?". Its a GOLDMINE on interlectual dishonesty, lying and misquoting.
    Invite her to bring out litterature to counter-argue. if she does, read it very, very throughoutly so she see you take your time. Underline the weighted language, the bad arguments, the name-calling, the appeal to authority, the slandering of you, the generalisations - basically everything that has to do with mind control. Do it with a marker and take your time. give her examples from eg. the mormons.

Last, take your time. Show her what real love is. Show her life outside the WT is. Mind control cannot erase her real personality, she is in there, and she will come out.

Love...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit