INTERESTING article

by TIMBOB 6 Replies latest social current

• TIMBOB
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Amazing, but if they were throwing an open house orgy I'd bet no one in the gov't would dare say a word.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There's another discussion about it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/176190/1/San-Diego-Pastor-Wife-Told-They-Cant-Have-Bible-Study-Group-In-Their-Home

Personally, I don't care if someone is having a bible study, an orgy, or running a business out of their home as long as they don't inhibit the reasonable enjoyment of the neighbourhood for all who live there. Regular traffic congestion and parking problems can do just that, and increased traffic is always a safety concern in a residential area.

W

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

I think this interesting. The Society discontinued book studies. Urban legend supposes that it was because of gas prices and well thought out changes for spiritual provisions. But the Org never does anything without a lawyer’s viewpoint. I wonder if they saw something like this coming?

In the US most homes cannot not be used for running a public business. To do so would require a zoning change and permit. This would also include the purchase of liability insurance, fire inspector visits, clearly marked exists and fire extinguishers. Along with a permit for public capacity. Regularly scheduled Book Studies would not constitute an irregular social gathering. The more I look at it the discontinuation of Book Studies the more I think it probably has more to do with lawsuits and legal issues.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

> Amazing, but if they were throwing an open house orgy I'd bet no one in the gov't would dare say a word

Because they would be the one's attending.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Because they would be the one's attending.

No one better shout "O God" during the affair, however, else they get fined.

• Gregor
    Gregor

As I recall, just a few months ago an issue came up when neighbors complained that a homeowner was having frequent sex parties. They did not create a parking problem because they shuttled the meat guests in from a local parking lot. There was nothing the authorities could do until they learned the host was taking 'donations' to cover refreshments. I guess humping Walters wife, Ethel, was thirsty work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit