National Geographic's Inside a Cult

by XJW4EVR 3 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I was finally able to work this into my schedule last night. I had wanted to see this for quite a while because its a cult, and because it hit close to home (New Mexico). There were a couple of things that struck me during the broadcast. The first was the cult expert who stated that cult leaders exercise control over the sexuality of their followers in order to manipulate loyalty from the family to the cult leader. I was immediately thought of the various regulations involving the bedroom activity of a JW married couple.

During the folow up program, in which the cult leader was tried and found guilty of criminal sexual contact with a minor, one of the victims had stated that her mother (who had left the cult) told her that she was brainwashed. The girl's reply made me lose my appetite, as she said that yes, she was brainwashed, that the leader of this cult had washed her free of her sins and depravity.

Inside a Cult

Inside a Cult: Messiah on Trial

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

These are excellent programs. Highly recommended.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... I watched a few minutes of that show before I became so annoyed that I had to change the channel.

• trebor
    trebor

DVR'ed both...Highly recommended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit