Need help

by ssn587 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ssn587
    ssn587

In the service meeting a part having to do with "Make Good Use of Our Publication" in Paragraph 5: Placement of Publications it reads:

We strive to place our publicationso only with those who show genuine interest. Keep in mind that we are the ones primarily responsible for the financial coverage of these valuable tools in our ministry. When leaving a publication with interested ones, do not hesitate to inform them of the "privilege" they have to support the worlwide work with their donations.

I need info and refs on how to make a scathing comment about it not being our responsible to collect monies for the borg, nor is it our responsibility to cover costs of these horrible magazines, books, etc. please to help. Thanks in advance.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Also, if any elders may havines copies of letters from the society pointing out the the order from the congregation exceeds the amount of donations from the congregations. i.e. your congregation order $2000.00 in books, mags, dvds etc. but donations were only $700.00, and so they wanted the congregation to pay them the $1300.00 if anyone has that I would surely appreciate it.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

What IS the latest running printing cost of a Witchtrowel Mag? Maybe 2 cents?

• blondie
    blondie

I'm surprised that they in writing connect the donations to the "worldwide work" with taking publications. Does that mean that jws are not to ask for donations if no publications are left?

What does a jw say then when a non-jw asks if the money is for the publications?

*** km 3/91 p. 3 par. 5 Our Simplified Literature Distribution Arrangement ***

No one should view voluntary donations to the worldwide work as if they were a mere payment to cover the cost of the literature.

The matter of donations to assist with the worldwide work is only considered with those who inquire or who otherwise indicate an interest in our work.

No one should view voluntary donations to the worldwide work as if they were a mere payment to cover the cost of the literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit