After having a baby...

by cognac 9 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I must say that I'm shocked how any mom could ever just not talk to there own child. You carried that child for 9 months. You gave birth to that child. You fed your child, clothed and loved your child.

Cult or not - I really don't understand how anything can come in between that bond. I would think that you would have to lose your heart and soul to abandon your own child for just about anything. I'd rather die at the big A then disown my own child. I will never understand that now that I know what it is like to be a mom. I've never bonded with anybody the way I have with my daughter. I love her much more then I could ever, ever love myself...

One day, all these parents who shunned there own children are going to figure out that they were duped. What a sad day that will be...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yes, Amen.

Sylvia

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

It's perfectly unnatural, unhealthy and a downright perversion of normal human emotion. Like almost everything else the WTS tells you to do.

• milola
    milola

And on the same note I consider tough love to be out of my nature too. I had a son that was extremely slow to grow up and become responsible. I must say I got sick of hearing how I should just thro him out and make him fend for himself. Wasn't going to happen. And NOW I am proud to say that my patience paid off because he is a successfull thriving member of society.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    One day, all these parents who shunned there own children are going to figure out that they were duped. What a sad day that will be...

From your lips to God's ears, I hope...been shunned by my mom for 20 years.

• cognac
    cognac

been shunned by my mom for 20 years.

That is unbelievably sad... I'm so sorry...

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Having children made me realise the same thing.

• outofservice
    outofservice

I wonder what will happen when they die and they are not where they think they will be (if you believe this way) What will be there reaction? My mom is old and has shunned my family for a number of years and I've thought if we meet in heaven one day you owe me an apology.

• oompa
    oompa

i dunno cognac........i had a really freakin big head......lol..........oompa

my dad has shunned my son since 16...it hurt me more actually.....he has acclimated

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am of the same mind as you, cognac

it was my children that led me out of the b0rg....

their need for me to be the mother they deserved
    trumped the doomday cult and its hollow promises...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit